Tour de France 2019

gummibear

Steve " You always find me at the back during races" Cummings was at it again today.

175th out of the 176 finishers. 

Seems he has a good holiday in France. 

I really don't get this perennial issue.

There is no difference between 11th and 176th, so why waste energy if you don't need to?

The lack of top result is way more concerning than doing what he always did.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On another note... Greipel at the Tour? First time I've seen him in the race any where. 

18th on stage 1, 12th on stage 4.

Not exactly lighting it up like in his heyday.

He is looking much leaner though, not the powerhouse he was previously.

After the Aussies saying 'I don't think Pinot can win it. No chance' I now hope he wins this year....

In other news, 'COME ON ENGLAND!'

Forgot about this : Tim Wellens and Thomas De Gendt are united in today’s breakaway. Last year, after their final competition, the Tour of Lombardy, they rode their bike to go back home to Belgium, calling their road trip “The Final Breakaway”. They covered 1000km in six different countries in six days… and passed the Grand Ballon that will be their second climb today! They have planned something similar including the Montanas Vacias in Spain later this year.

Before VAT and shipping.

GBP5000-00

or about ZAR100k and a glinty toothed smile

And they are used here as training wheels.... no joke. Wolfi's club ride on a Friday and you going to see minimum 10 sets of them. 

Forgot about this : Tim Wellens and Thomas De Gendt are united in today’s breakaway. Last year, after their final competition, the Tour of Lombardy, they rode their bike to go back home to Belgium, calling their road trip “The Final Breakaway”. They covered 1000km in six different countries in six days… and passed the Grand Ballon that will be their second climb today! They have planned something similar including the Montanas Vacias in Spain later this year.

I followed that ride on twitter. WOW they stopped at some awesome food places. The amount of little restaurants(not sure if you can call them that though) they stopped at and the good looking food they ate made me really want to do that as well.

I've always found Bling to be such a whinger. There is always some issue, reason or something to complain about. From being in the same team as Gerrans to not getting full support at worlds to the combatively in sprints to having TommyD pull out that inconvenienced his training and role at the tour. 

"Imps, come on bro," shot Matthews at Impey following the 28-year-old Canberran's seventh-place result. "What the f*ck, bro?"

"What did I do, bro?" recoiled Impey.

"You didn't let me in," said Matthews.

"Sorry?" questioned Impey. "You're not on my team, bro."

"We could've helped each other," replied Matthews.

"This is racing, bro," concluded Impey.

Greipel still hanging on!

I have to wonder why he is there though?

Maybe it is easier to make the time cut if he is dropped somewhere by the breakaway, than being dropped there by the peloton which is lagging by 8mins already...

Only a theory

Greipel still hanging on!

I have to wonder why he is there though?

Looks out of place with all those skinny climbers.

He’s sliding off the back now though.

The white gravel going to cause some good entertainment at the finish today.

Pretty sure the riders will hate it though.No mechanics or team vehicles on that narrow path.