Giro d'Italia 2019

ScottCM

“The thing that stands out in the first 12 stages is that there are no major climbs to really test the GC guys... Because the Giro will be won in the second half, it’s about conserving energy and being efficient as a team in the first half of the race."

Matt White

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That’s not to say the front half of the Giro is easy. Far from it. There are some bruiser of stages that will require the GC favorites to be on their toes and burn some important early matches. It’s only until stages 10 and 11 that the Giro route lets up and delivers traditionally flatter, sprinter-friendly courses. Every other day in the first block of racing features a jagged profile, which translates into hard, aggressive racing.

This Giro is all about saving the best for last. And the final half of the race packs a real punch. While there won’t be much for the GC contenders to do in the opening half of the race except avoid crashes and other setbacks, the closing crescendo should deliver some fascinating race dynamics.

READ MORE HERE 

https://www.velonews.com/2019/05/analysis/analysis-a-very-italian-giro-route-that-packs-a-late-punch_493387

Having neck fusion surgery next week, gonna sit on my ass and watch giro like a maniac. Silver linings.

Sterkte @Knersboy ????????‍♀️

We will not be, unfortunately. Only the TdF draws enough interest for it to make sense for us. It's a fair chunk of work to run, so we can only really justify putting resources into it once a year.

Which is where the good folks at superbru come in handy!

have invited all members from the 2018 vuelta pool to the giro19 one,

As per last year, Admin has generously agreed to sponsor a bikehub premium membership to all players

Join BikeHub Giro19, my Giro dItalia league on @Superbru! You can find my pool here:

or by downloading the Superbru app and searching for the pool with code:

veinchew

Having neck fusion surgery next week, gonna sit on my ass and watch giro like a maniac. Silver linings.

Good luck and speedy recovery

I see Sepp Kuss is in the mix for Jumbo - that might be interesting!

https://www.velonews.com/2019/05/road/kuss-surrenders-california-leadership-for-giro-ditalia-debut_493325

He killed it at ATOC last year on the climbs - left everyone standing still

Was a bit of a late inclusion to the team so form might be avg but he will be a super climbing dom for Primoz...looking forward to see him climb again.Makes it look easy.

As per last year, Admin has generously agreed to sponsor a bikehub premium membership to all players

Join BikeHub Giro19, my Giro dItalia league on @Superbru! You can find my pool here:

veinchew

Sorry Team DD, but I think Roglic is going to bring me more joy. I'll still be happy for you if you take a stage somewhere.

post-27827-0-03874200-1557376564_thumb.png

Was a bit of a late inclusion to the team so form might be avg but he will be a super climbing dom for Primoz...looking forward to see him climb again.Makes it look easy.

He was ready for the Tour of California . more about it in the Velonew Podcast:

https://www.velonews.com/2019/05/news/podcast-sepp-kuss-and-kasia-niewiadoma_493417

He will be good support for Rog and might even take a stage

veinchew

WE ARE up to 16 players.

Admin informs me that he will also include the signed pink jersey as worn by Egan Bernal on stage 9 for second prize! 

here is the official unofficial thread https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/169595-bikehub-vuelta-superbru-fantasy-comp/?p=3179158