Giro d'Italia 2019

ScottCM

I was really looking forward to Egan, Tao and Pavel racing after the latter two smashed Nibali in Tour of the Alps.

Edited by Nakoota

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

⚠️

The Movistar team have confirmed that Alejandro Valverde will not be able to take in the Giro d’Italia after failing to recover from a bone edema in his sacrum.

CyclingNews

⚠️

The Movistar team have confirmed that Alejandro Valverde will not be able to take in the Giro d’Italia after failing to recover from a bone edema in his sacrum.

CyclingNews

a bone edema in his sacrum???

No idea what that is but am sure i don't want it

a bone edema in his sacrum???

No idea what that is but am sure i don't want it

Basically an excess of fluid built up around/in the tissue and cavities of the very large vertibrae at the base of the spine/in between your hips.

So swelling above and around the coccyx.......

⚠️

CyclingNews

Would it be nasty of me to like your post?

⚠️

CyclingNews

I see Woods is also not racing now, after placing  top10 at TdR

with Rigo at TdF, 2 prong attack there for EF?

I was really looking forward to Egan, Tao and Pavel racing after the latter two smashed Nibali in Tour of the Alps.

I am sure i am not the only one who will miss Egan, but he is being very hyped up and sometimes that is bad thing for young riders (imho)

I see Woods is also not racing now, after placing  top10 at TdR

with Rigo at TdF, 2 prong attack there for EF?

He didn't quite manage to pull off any attacks at the TdR perhaps he needs a rest / realignment.

So Genuine leaders look like Tommy D, Zakarine, Angel Lopez, Roglic, Simon Yates and Nibali with Majka, Bauke Mollema and Landa outside contenders for a GC spot.

Not a bad line up at all.

I see Christian Knees is riding for Ineos.... that guy must be older than Valverde surely?!

I am sure i am not the only one who will miss Egan, but he is being very hyped up and sometimes that is bad thing for young riders (imho)

First person that came to mind when i read this was the Main cheese

So Genuine leaders look like Tommy D, Zakarine, Angel Lopez, Roglic, Simon Yates and Nibali with Majka, Bauke Mollema and Landa outside contenders for a GC spot.

Not a bad line up at all.

I see Christian Knees is riding for Ineos.... that guy must be older than Valverde surely?!

Mik L  has been very quite lately - flying under the radar? 

Mik L  has been very quite lately - flying under the radar? 

I'm not really sure.... When you are a team mate of the world champ, Quintana, Carapaz et al it's quite hard to find any sort of limelight I would guess.

His form will be interesting.