Events you are missing because they are no more...

Rouxenator

I actually miss that series of ppa road fun rides where you collected the bits of the medal and the bits.of the bike.

Also that west coast ride that started in melkbos and smashed through the west coast national park on dirt and was a good way to get a seeding for ctct.

And the trailseekers used to have more events in western cape I recall.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/13/2023 at 6:39 PM, Rouxenator said:

Porcupine Ridge MTB

Fine Breede MTB 

Philadelphia MTB

Cederberg100Miler 1-day Race

STBB4GOOD MTB

FINE BREEDE ..... PLEASE bring it back 🙏

EDIT - I reached out via an old email and their FaceBook page .... let's HOPE Fine Breede makes a return. :clap:

Surely can only help if more of us goes onto their FaceBook page and support the request for the revival of this stunning event.

Edited by ChrisF

Fine Breede and Willow Creek and Robertson winery was some of my favorite mtb races, Tip Trans in Citrusdal was the best value for money ever. 

On the road I really enjoyed the Tour de Worcester. 

On 10/19/2018 at 6:41 AM, Vetseun said:

NG Kerk Bloemfontein North 20 km funride.

Jy verwar dit met Tour de Heuwelsig ;)

The Knysna race although not technically gone, its changed. I miss the old event style with the road bike on one day and mtb the other day. Made it a bit unique. Now its just another mtb stage race.

Isuzu 3 Towers

Sappi Mankele Challenge

Das Auto series

We lost a load of good racing in the Lowveld. Some guys working very hard to bring some events back.

49 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

The Knysna race although not technically gone, its changed. I miss the old event style with the road bike on one day and mtb the other day. Made it a bit unique. Now its just another mtb stage race.

I have heard rumours the road race will be back soon... If so I will do Knysna again next year

51 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Yeah I've hoped it'll return to this, think last held in 2019!?

The current format isnt appealing at all! Much rather plan a weekend with fam and ride said trails at my leisure.

13 hours ago, Mamil said:

Also that west coast ride that started in melkbos and smashed through the west coast national park on dirt and was a good way to get a seeding for ctct.

Reminds me of my 1st ever race, starting from Yzerfontein all the way to west coast national park and back, I would love to do it again on the gravel bike now !

Mykonos, P Le Grange, Eversdal, Bellville North, Brackenfell, Bonnievale, Cape Cobra, Redhill Challenge...

I'm sure I'm missing a ton, but so many great memories...

The road race through West Coast national park was also an underappreciated event. Mostly full road closures through a nature reserve next to the sea during spring. 

Another event killed off by covid 🙁

Just now, Skubarra said:

The road race through West Coast national park was also an underappreciated event. Mostly full road closures through a nature reserve next to the sea during spring. 

Another event killed off by covid 🙁

or maybe by Karens not happy because they didn't have coke and medals at the end ?