Specialized Store Stellenbosch

Suzana27

Irony...

Lady visits business and complains of misogynistic behavioiur from the staff.

She is immediately told she is in the wrong by men saying "as a man i can say i have never experienced that in that establishment " ............................ :whistling:

I think the bigger issue and reason for the responses she's received, is the direct jump onto social media in order to bad-mouth the company and the obviously emotional rant. A simple email to the store manager or Spaz SA would very likely have had a more favourable result than a Hub rant. Referring to the store as "bloated and a cause of indigestion" is just being childish and snarky.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so because she is a woman it is "obviously emotional rant" and "childish and snarky"

...........because of course men " never jump direct onto social media in order to bad-mouth a company "  theres never stuff like that on bikehub from guys ...........

do you hear yourself dude .?............. :whistling:

The lady would likely receive the same response to her complaint on the hub if she were a man.

Men are often emotional ranters as well as childish and snarky,

The hub seems to take a very dim view of postings from new members or posters that have one or two posts then proceed to trash a store or website.

Dont think there is anything sexist or unusual in the responses from the hub.

so because she is a woman it is "obviously emotional rant" and "childish and snarky"

...........because of course men " never jump direct onto social media in order to bad-mouth a company " theres never stuff like that on bikehub from guys ...........

Who said what about it being a male/female thing? That's all you. If it was a male the guys on here would have been a lot less polite. Edited by Phatman

Who said what about it being a male/female thing? That's all you. If it was a male the guys on here would have been a lot less polite.

ok groot man whatever makes you feel better about it :thumbup: lol

The fking mansplaining is the tops. Shop is in my street, they have improved a lot since opening and I get friendly service, but a woman actually asked my recently if they sponsor and employ women based on looks to fit in with the brand. It is an intimidating space, a bit like walking into a Porsche or Mazerati dealership when you can only afford a Jetta.

Edited by @grootlem

...........because of course men " never jump direct onto social media in order to bad-mouth a company "  theres never stuff like that on bikehub from guys ...........

Oh you are so woke. And look at you jumping to the defence of the poor helpless lady.

Which, of course, would make you a misogynist. Weird how quickly contortions can happen to SJWs.

Oh you are so woke. And look at you jumping to the defence of the poor helpless lady.

Which, of course, would make you a misogynist. Weird how quickly contortions can happen to SJWs.

I had to look up what a sjw was......

I've been a total of 2 times in that shop and i can say from all the shops i've been to in the helderbger/stlb area i did not feel at home. I walked in with some friends, im build more like a prop than a cyclist and my friends were assisted and i weren't even asked if i needed anything.

As for the person coming on social media to complain, instead of asking for the manager, as suggested earlier. Some people don't like face to face confrontation. We are living in an era of online social platforms. Why go and complain to manager who might laugh it off with his buddies in the shop instead of going online and complain.

First off you will hurt the brand way more if "10million" people saw it online instead of just bringing it to the manager's attention. If i saw bad rep for stlb spez i would rather drive 20kms further and go to the helderberg store, same product and a better chance of getting better service. Secondly the chances of something actually being done is way greater because now they are in the public's spotlight. Thirdly the "manager" in a store is a lot of the times a glorified baby sitter. (dont know if this is the case here) When you complain on social media it would, as apparently it is in this case, be brought to the owners attention because some one is going to see the post and call them up and say buddy your rep is in jeopardy. This also gives the store an opportunity to come up with an excuse saying, my staff was sick, half is at the w2w or what ever the reason was for the bad service and rectify and make that customer happy. Free publicity...

Yes nobody likes keyboard warriors but would you rather not know that there is a problem in your store then not?

Only had a good experience there, had to return mtb shoes due to sizing issues and no problems. Assistance I received via phone and in-person was great, my wife had to return it on my behalf and they were very helpful (she knows nothing about Mtbs). A buddy bought a new Spez there recently, had very good service pre & post buy. Its not my go to LBS, I prefer smaller shops, BUT seems to be a very good & professional setup.

I have only had good experiences at the shop the few times I've been there. 

A bit more info about the "incident" from the OP could go some way and possibly help the parties to find some common ground. It might just be me but if I feel unwelcome in a shop I just don't support them, I don't know why the world has to know about it. Surely willing seller, willing buyer applies... 

Guy's I know it sucks to hear someone with a bad experience at 1 of your favourite shops but these things happen attacking the OP saying its nonsense and looking for proof come on not everyone has a gopro recording every second for incase... I have a couple of shops I have supported over the years becoming friends with the owners and staff and have always had great service from them but have also heard people complain about them all you can do is try and sort it out like spez have offered to do.

Any bike shop will pee you off, at some point. You have to give them a chance to make the situation right, sometimes you need to follow up a few times to get them to make the situation right. The good shops will always come through in the end, even if you have to explain it to them a few times.

If all else fails, then sure, post it on the bikehub. It is a powerful forum and the bike shops locally do take note.

Hi Suzana

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I have PMed you my contact details, please get in touch so we can help you.

Thank you

has this been done by the client?