Specialized Store Stellenbosch

Suzana27

I've been a total of 2 times in that shop and i can say from all the shops i've been to in the helderbger/stlb area i did not feel at home. I walked in with some friends, im build more like a prop than a cyclist and my friends were assisted and i weren't even asked if i needed anything.

As for the person coming on social media to complain, instead of asking for the manager, as suggested earlier. Some people don't like face to face confrontation. We are living in an era of online social platforms. Why go and complain to manager who might laugh it off with his buddies in the shop instead of going online and complain.

First off you will hurt the brand way more if "10million" people saw it online instead of just bringing it to the manager's attention. If i saw bad rep for stlb spez i would rather drive 20kms further and go to the helderberg store, same product and a better chance of getting better service. Secondly the chances of something actually being done is way greater because now they are in the public's spotlight. Thirdly the "manager" in a store is a lot of the times a glorified baby sitter. (dont know if this is the case here) When you complain on social media it would, as apparently it is in this case, be brought to the owners attention because some one is going to see the post and call them up and say buddy your rep is in jeopardy. This also gives the store an opportunity to come up with an excuse saying, my staff was sick, half is at the w2w or what ever the reason was for the bad service and rectify and make that customer happy. Free publicity...

Yes nobody likes keyboard warriors but would you rather not know that there is a problem in your store then not?

built like a prop, doesn't like direct confrontation and prefers to hide behind a keyboard.

what a time to be alive!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

built like a prop, doesn't like direct confrontation and prefers to hide behind a keyboard.

what a time to be alive!

hahaha I never said i don't like confrontation, i personally, love it!  :devil:  :ph34r:  :clap:  :w00t:

Hi Suzana

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I have PMed you my contact details, please get in touch so we can help you.

Thank you

Well done for coming into the “lions den” and trying to resolve the situation.

OP has a bad moment, posts a pretty useless rant on social media and the then rides off into the sunset feeling much better

Sometimes I think the Rouxtjie rule should be applied together with a bikehub membership fee......

So my Cotic has some Roval wheels on it (24 and 28 hole rims), my back wheel had a lekker big flat spot so the rim had to replaced. Options of 28 hole rims are very limited, and I did not want to shell out for new spokes, so I ordered the same rim I had from Spez store in Stellenbosch and had the wheels rebuilt there...

I will give credit where credit is due - received very good service. Rim arrived quickly, I took the bike in Monday morning for the rebuild, all done with a bike wash/lube at 3pm. So although I'm not gonna be back on a Specialized any time soon - this experience has defrosted me a little bit in terms of this specific store...

I cycle past this store on my way to and from work so I've used it many many times for servicing my bike(s) and picking up the odd supply (tubes etc). 90% of the time the service has been great. Friendly, professional, perhaps a little bit pricey. 

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the brand. It sort of feels like you need to "drink the kool-aid" and then just get kitted out head-to-toe in specialized merch, especially here in SA. It's weird. So I can understand why people think it's like a special club or something. I also don't know why they are the default brand for newbies. They make decent bikes. So do lots of other companies though. For the record, I've owned a number of their bikes in the past. I don't currently. 

Anyway, as a store, I really can't fault the one here in Stellenbosch. I regularly get good service there.   

Awful customer service. Bad attitude. Seems a boys club only, so unless you a member, I suggest go get a service elsewhere. Many other bike shops that are super nice and helpful, and actually deserve your business. This place feels bloated , and has given me indigestion ! I will never sponsor this product again after my poor experience this morning. Sorry I have till now :(

Can you elaborate on what you were shopping for, did you get what you wanted at Sportsman's Warehouse or Game or even a nice Cannondale at Makro perhaps, BTW, how's the indigestion you had Suzana27 on 27 October?

Edited by nathrix ® ©™

The fact that the OP has jumped on the Hub, before apparently raising the issue with the shop speaks volumes in my book. She has also not bothered to respond to anything on this thread since. Filing this service complaint in the wheelie bin.

This is a typical customer service thread... there's always going to be places that some people swear by and others just swear AT. It's dependent on so many things, and if your stars are misaligned on the say, you get kaka service.

on another note, you may find that some service staff are very shy and don't have it in them to approach you and give the impression of bad service. but that begs the question of why they're doing customer service.

Edit - still, sucks for the OP that she got bad service. and it sucks for Spez Stellies for getting flamed without getting told why

Edited by lechatnoir

• 7 months later...

reviving old thread

I don't own a Specialized bike but I love their shoes. I was very impressed with the service I got from the Stellies branch - Craig assisted me with the correct sizing. The store is well laid out and beautiful, showcasing all the latest and greatest tech. Always nice seeing the new shoes, bikes and groupsets on display. The cafe is a great add-on to the store - good if you want to grab a coffee on the go or even sit down with friends. Their pricing was also better than the Tygerberg branch.

On that note, I wasn't very pleased with the service I got from the Tygerberg branch. I was looking for a pair of knee warmers to fit with my S-Works shoes but they did not have any stock of my size. I asked the said sales representative to please order one for me and to give me a call when it arrives in-store. Never heard any feedback...

Ended up buying it from another store and brand, that gave me better, fast service.

Would have loved to support the Stellenbosch branch but unfortunately it is a tad too far for me. 

Couldn't agree with Andre_smith more. Been to this Spez store for a few odds n bits. Always been most helpful and courteous

Very knowledgeable bunch of sales guys.

The experience has always been pleasant

reviving old thread

I don't own a Specialized bike but I love their shoes. I was very impressed with the service I got from the Stellies branch - Craig assisted me with the correct sizing. The store is well laid out and beautiful, showcasing all the latest and greatest tech. Always nice seeing the new shoes, bikes and groupsets on display. The cafe is a great add-on to the store - good if you want to grab a coffee on the go or even sit down with friends. Their pricing was also better than the Tygerberg branch.

On that note, I wasn't very pleased with the service I got from the Tygerberg branch. I was looking for a pair of knee warmers to fit with my S-Works shoes but they did not have any stock of my size. I asked the said sales representative to please order one for me and to give me a call when it arrives in-store. Never heard any feedback...

Ended up buying it from another store and brand, that gave me better, fast service.

Would have loved to support the Stellenbosch branch but unfortunately it is a tad too far for me. 

Andrew the Tygerberg branch is around the corner from my office.

Was there earlier this week .... looking for a pair of 2FO's for Maritz ... guaranteed sale !

Mike really helped me to get my pair of 2FO's end of last year !!!  So I was sure this was going to be an easy sale .....  :thumbup:   except he was not in the shop, and the rest are still enjoying their coffee, and could not be bothered to help me ....  :thumbdown:

I may stop in again to see if Mike can help me .... or I may just pop in at Stellenbosch or Somerset West or another branch in the Southern Suburbs when my projects takes me past those branches .....  :wacko:   :whistling:

They make the best nutella, banana croissant. Goes really well the a cappuccino while the daughter "tests" the bikes in their little "play" park.