Specialized Store Stellenbosch

Suzana27

Awful customer service. Bad attitude. Seems a boys club only, so unless you a member, I suggest go get a service elsewhere. Many other bike shops that are super nice and helpful, and actually deserve your business. This place feels bloated , and has given me indigestion ! I will never sponsor this product again after my poor experience this morning. Sorry I have till now :(

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nonsense. You'll have to provide some detail to have any credibility.

My wife and I service our 2x Spez, 1x Trek and 1x Bianchi bikes there.

I take all our bikes there because the closest Trek and Bianchi agents can't touch these guys for service. Simply the best workshop I've come across.

Remember guys - just because you received excellent service it does not mean someone else didn't receive crap service.

There is a reason I will not ever touch a Spaz bike again even though I have been riding Spaz exclusively for 14 years. Their bikes are simply amazing, but I've had such crap experiences at a number of different concept stores that I have been completely put off the brand for life.

@OP. If you were unhappy with service you should have approached the store manager asap as one should do with any business. Any business is dependent on their customers feedback to know if they are getting it right or possibly wrong.

Edited by Cippo

Awful customer service. Bad attitude. Seems a boys club only, so unless you a member, I suggest go get a service elsewhere. Many other bike shops that are super nice and helpful, and actually deserve your business. This place feels bloated , and has given me indigestion ! I will never sponsor this product again after my poor experience this morning. Sorry I have till now :(

Suzana thats a pity .... it is always a pity if we get bad service at ANY bike shop.  For the majority of us going to a bike shop is part of our hobby, part of getting away from the day to day stress ... it is the one place one wants to unwind and relax ....

I have looked at a couple of Spez bikes .... sadly out of my price range  (can make many other excuses, but that is most probably just the bottom line)

I have had some EXCELLENT service from the Tygervalley branch - same owner as Stellenbosch.  In fact will pop in there first week of November to follow up on my shoes that are on order .... both the store owner and the branch manager went out of their way to help me !!  

But as has been pointed out by another person - just because I got good service does not question your perception of a less than satisfactory experience .....

The point of my post - the owner is INVOLVED with his branches !  PLEASE follow up on the offer above to send a PM ....  Bad service happens, but this is not their norm, not for these two stores.  (I cant comment on other outlets)

Suzana thats a pity .... it is always a pity if we get bad service at ANY bike shop. For the majority of us going to a bike shop is part of our hobby, part of getting away from the day to day stress ... it is the one place one wants to unwind and relax ....

I have looked at a couple of Spez bikes .... sadly out of my price range (can make many other excuses, but that is most probably just the bottom line)

I have had some EXCELLENT service from the Tygervalley branch - same owner as Stellenbosch. In fact will pop in there first week of November to follow up on my shoes that are on order .... both the store owner and the branch manager went out of their way to help me !!

But as has been pointed out by another person - just because I got good service does not question your perception of a less than satisfactory experience .....

The point of my post - the owner is INVOLVED with his branches ! PLEASE follow up on the offer above to send a PM .... Bad service happens, but this is not their norm, not for these two stores. (I cant comment on other outlets)

Are you sure it's the same owner? AFAIK the stellies branch is owned by Spez SA and is not a franchise.

But I am open to correction.

At the OP, this sucks, I cannot speak for your experience, but we don't support the spez on Somerset West after the owner thought it okay to tell my wife that she has "quite wide hips for such a small lady." This was years ago,we make a point of going to Stellies if we need anything spez.

Fortunately you are spoilt for choice in stellies, BMT is good, Mason's was my go-to while I was a student, but you can go to flandria, Outdoor Escape and even the Dirtopia shop at Delvera, so there is no need to go back to the old boy's club.

Definitely unexpected. I waltzed in there one busy afternoon in my most non spendy outfit(Croc plakkies and pick&pay hempie). Despite my obvious lack of spending intent, two assistants (one nogal Pro Tim Wilken) approached me at two separate occasions to offer me assistance and coffee. My wife rides spez. They don't talk down to her when she takes her bike in for services when I'm not around. Both the Tygervalley(Andre) and Stellenbosch branch have impressed me in the past. It doesn't help my wallet that they have flippen great products. We all love to hate spez... No real reason. Probably because they are just THAT good(and gives me the 'murica feeling). That being said. I'm not 50 yet or training for my first xcm stage race. So I'll stick to my tank-banshee.

Always had great service from Tim, Craig, Trevor, Waylon, Jacques and only Merido services my bikes.

For what it worth, if you not happy with the service, speak to the manager. Still not happy, ...take your business elsewhere.

Craig and Trevor's customer service rank the of best of any industry I have come accross.

They will sort you out #Suzana27.

Guy's I know it sucks to hear someone with a bad experience at 1 of your favourite shops but these things happen attacking the OP saying its nonsense and looking for proof come on not everyone has a gopro recording every second for incase... I have a couple of shops I have supported over the years becoming friends with the owners and staff and have always had great service from them but have also heard people complain about them all you can do is try and sort it out like spez have offered to do.