Starting time 110 km @ 06h30; 72 km @ 08h00

Venue

Durbanville Racecourse

Enquiries

(021) 671-6340 / info@pedalpower.org.za

Cut-off / lucky draw

13h00 / 12h00

ROUTE DESCRIPTION

From Durbanville, both routes climb up Tiekiedraai before turning right onto the undulating Contermanskloof Road. Cyclists then head right at the Vissershok stop street to tackle the tough climb up Vissershok. After winding their way through Durbanville, cyclists turn left onto Wellington Road and onto the flatter open roads.

The two routes split at the R312/Fisantekraal intersection, with the shorter route turning left while the 110 km route will continue straight to the R44 where they will turn left. From there long route riders will turn left at Voor-Paardeberg, and left again onto the R304 before joining up with the 72 km route at the silos. All riders will head back towards Durbanville via Adderley Road.

DIRECTIONS TO VENUE

From the N1, take the Durban Rd/Willie van Schoor Rd off-ramp and pass Tygervalley Centre towards Durbanville. Turn left into Tindale road. At the T-junction, turn left into Racecourse road. Pass the Durbanville Nature Reserve on your right; then follow the parking signs to the Durbanville Race Course. GPS: S: 33°50.27; E 18°38.24.

NOTES

Remember to wear your 2019 PPA road funride number. If you have not yet collected your 2018-2019 road funride number, please contact the PPA Office in this regard. No children u/12.

Go to Event Page

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Entered --- try not to get dropped before contermans

Why bother? If you do manage to hang on at conters you'll get dropped on vissershok anyway  :devil:

True story but at least I'l be able to claim improvement - first time I did this race three years ago I got dropped before the right turn after the start, the second time I suggested to everyone in the start chute that we should all play nice and help the mamil along which also didn't work - held on to halfway up conters ...... --- #mamilcanonlygetbetter

Why bother? If you do manage to hang on at conters you'll get dropped on vissershok anyway  :devil:

True story but at least I'l be able to claim improvement - first time I did this race three years ago I got dropped before the right turn after the start, the second time I suggested to everyone in the start chute that we should all play nice and help the mamil along which also didn't work - held on to halfway up conters ...... --- #mamilcanonlygetbetter

i'll stick with you.  it'll be my first time doing the race, so i'm not going to push for time

• 3 months later...

Ppa seeding is up to C ... but thinking ill start in e or f

Why not start in C and have more options after Vissershok  ;). I made the mistake of dropping from A to B for the 99er and then landed up with a mechanical wishing I hadn't.

Its all good fun though - see everyone at the start line  :thumbup:

You make a great point!!!

Why not start in C and have more options after Vissershok  ;). I made the mistake of dropping from A to B for the 99er and then landed up with a mechanical wishing I hadn't.

Its all good fun though - see everyone at the start line  :thumbup:

Entries still available at registration

LATE ENTRIES

Late entry fees are available from pre-registration at the pre-entry prices.

Late entry fees are also available from registration on the morning at the following fees:

Late entries at registration Includes medal Discounted no medal

Non - members Discounted PPA members fees Non - members Discounted PPA members fees

110 km R 400 R 300 R 380 R 280

72 km R 380 R 280 R 360 R 260

Thanks babse.

But where and when is pre-registration?

REGISTRATION

All participants must attend registration to collect an event-specific seeded back number. In order to issue your seeded number and validate your entry, Racetec will scan your Racetec timing chip. Please remember to bring your chip with you to registration.

Pre-registration will take place as follows:

Wednesday 20 February 2019 - Sportsmans Warehouse, Tyger Valley from 12h00 -18h00

Thursday 21 February 2019 - Sportsmans Warehouse, Rondebosch, from 12h00 -18h00

On the day registration will take place as follows:

Sunday 24 February 2017

Registration at the venue from 05h30 - 06h30 for the long route and from 05h30 - 06h45 for the

short route.