• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Closing date is on ppa site

https://www.pedalpower.org.za/events/pedal-power-association-233/

NOTES

Remember to wear your 2019 PPA road funride number. If you have not yet collected your 2018-2019 road funride number, please contact the PPA Office in this regard. No children u/12.

Online entries close midnight 18 Feb 2019.

That is not at the usual place and secondly, they sent an e-mail on the 19th to invite online entries...

@ Babse: Thnx I saw your post and managed to enter.

I miss the days of prepaid easy entry booklets where you could decide on the morning to ride or not.

Unfortunately stopped because of a few opportunists.

Surely technology could allow for a reintroduction of sorts.?

I miss the days of prepaid easy entry booklets where you could decide on the morning to ride or not.

Unfortunately stopped because of a few opportunists.

Surely technology could allow for a reintroduction of sorts.?

We have asked about that and family entry tickets...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what time the groups set off?  I checked through my sms messages, but don't seem to have received a start time. Does the A group go first at 6:30?  No $, % etc. before?

Does anyone know what time the groups set off?  I checked through my sms messages, but don't seem to have received a start time. Does the A group go first at 6:30?  No $, % etc. before?

Ja, A is the first group at 6:30am

Today's race was a lesson in hubris.

The morning started with me falling off my bike. One of those noodling around the brick area overlooking the racecourse and not unclipping in time and over you go in that way that you did when a beginner.

Unfortunately there were witnesses. 

That set the tone for my race. I pitched up in the C batch start chute whose collective biomass is clearly much lower than groups D E and F where I've spent most of this season. They're also less friendly - down in F we tend to display a carefully poised sense of self deprecating irony while we wait for the start, these guys take themselves a lot more seriously. 

I knew they'd drop me. I was expecting that.

I had hoped to make it at least to the rollers at Conterman's. 

I didn't.

The rest of the race was a flashback to when I started this whole roadying thing. A solo ride in the countryside into the teeth of an annoyingly significant wind.

It wasn't lost on me that, as in life, improvement in cycling seems to take one back to some earlier stage of struggle.

Eventually I got picked up by a batch that I could keep up with after a breakaway from D towed me along for a while and then got tired of me.

I was going along quite nicely despite having some problems changing into the big ring thanks to my earlier spill. My spirits were bouyed and a decent-ish time was still on the cards when my second bottle slipped out of my hand, bounced off my BB and tried to kill the kind folks who were helping me along.

No water, and 25km to the next water point and 45 odd to go in total. 

I felt my restored spirits flagging as I realised I would have to stop for water and I felt my resolve leaving me as I let myself get blown out the back on the next rise. Just didn't have the necessary HTFU pills.

I noodled along resigned to my fate. Stopped and gave an inner tube to a stranded rider on his second puncture in apology to the cycling gods for being the kind of idiot mamil who drops his bottle while riding 3rd wheel.

Crossed the line in 3:30 something - with my dates tasting like humble pie and just glad that I didn't hurt myself or anyone else on this bad day on the bike.

CTCT MTB next weekend which almost did me in last year. 

Aluta continua MOFOs --- 

Gotta love your race reports, MAMIL. ????

Yes, there’s far less chit-chat in the top bunches.

Everyone there knows that they’re about to inflict severe pain on themselves and their companions.

‘It doesn’t get easier, you only goes faster.’ ????

~ Greg LeMond

Today's race was a lesson in hubris.

The morning started with me falling off my bike. One of those noodling around the brick area overlooking the racecourse and not unclipping in time and over you go in that way that you did when a beginner.

Unfortunately there were witnesses. 

That set the tone for my race. I pitched up in the C batch start chute whose collective biomass is clearly much lower than groups D E and F where I've spent most of this season. They're also less friendly - down in F we tend to display a carefully poised sense of self deprecating irony while we wait for the start, these guys take themselves a lot more seriously. 

I knew they'd drop me. I was expecting that.

I had hoped to make it at least to the rollers at Conterman's. 

I didn't.

The rest of the race was a flashback to when I started this whole roadying thing. A solo ride in the countryside into the teeth of an annoyingly significant wind.

It wasn't lost on me that, as in life, improvement in cycling seems to take one back to some earlier stage of struggle.

Eventually I got picked up by a batch that I could keep up with after a breakaway from D towed me along for a while and then got tired of me.

I was going along quite nicely despite having some problems changing into the big ring thanks to my earlier spill. My spirits were bouyed and a decent-ish time was still on the cards when my second bottle slipped out of my hand, bounced off my BB and tried to kill the kind folks who were helping me along.

No water, and 25km to the next water point and 45 odd to go in total. 

I felt my restored spirits flagging as I realised I would have to stop for water and I felt my resolve leaving me as I let myself get blown out the back on the next rise. Just didn't have the necessary HTFU pills.

I noodled along resigned to my fate. Stopped and gave an inner tube to a stranded rider on his second puncture in apology to the cycling gods for being the kind of idiot mamil who drops his bottle while riding 3rd wheel.

Crossed the line in 3:30 something - with my dates tasting like humble pie and just glad that I didn't hurt myself or anyone else on this bad day on the bike.

CTCT MTB next weekend which almost did me in last year. 

Aluta continua MOFOs ---

That C bunch was hectic at start.. overcooked it completely, at least set some new power records, paid dearly at the end...

All and all very happy with ride, now for two weeks of R&R..

According to Racetek I finished in 12:38. If that’s true I’d still be out on the course [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

According to Racetek I finished in 12:38. If that’s true I’d still be out on the course [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

12 min 38 sec Tour de PPA Prologue.?

Well done.! ;)

Edited by Thomo

Racetek? You sure you on the right site ???? Edited by babse