Awkward Question

catherine123

I very proudly mastered the run and wee during a marathon once...I took me about 5km to get it right..... Trust me.. It's harder than you would think

That was me at ironman, luckily tri-suits dry quickly.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't mean to hijack the thread but has anyone here ever had to seriously go #2 during a cycle race?

I can't imagine riding on the M1 with that kind of problem.

Luckily water stop had a portaloo..... and every water stop thereafter also had one... all used...

Once you need it once, just put your bib straps over your shirt.. saves time when you need to most...

Howzit guys,

I have an odd and awkward question for the readers.... :rolleyes:

I am super duper new to this sport so I thought I would ask cyberspace first, instead of posing this in person to some random - #lol

What do you do if you need a "comfort break" either just before starting a super early ride or during a super early ride? Especially for female riders?

I don't have any clue of what cycling etiquette is on this topic?

Thanks...! 

You should also see the thread about snot rockets :wacko:  :clap:

Did he just go for a bos poofie???? I suspect his back up vehicle will do the bro thing and bring him some loo roll and not just turn their backs and make like they don't know him?

Giro, No time for loo paper

Squelch squelch

????

I very proudly mastered the run and wee during a marathon once...I took me about 5km to get it right..... Trust me.. It's harder than you would think

Haha so true, tried once during an IM cycle

#sillythingswedo

my wife has the anatomic one. according to her, its even better than sliced bread. 

You can always let it go while riding.... 

Interesting fact - you can't pedal and wee at the same time...

Much the same as trying to fart while riding seated...

I'm very good at farting while cycling... Especially when my mate is behind me and we are climbing a step rooty rocky dusty incline

Dear OP, I am really sorry it's descended to this when you were just asking a simple question - slow day in the office for some

But what you have learnt is no bunny chows before races, some cyclists might pee in their pants but runners will take it to the next level, get a nice bib with lady openings and finally, everyone has to go at some stage and will happily slow down and look away whilst you bare your bum

Dear OP, I am really sorry it's descended to this when you were just asking a simple question - slow day in the office for some

But what you have learnt is no bunny chows before races, some cyclists might pee in their pants but runners will take it to the next level, get a nice bib with lady openings and finally, everyone has to go at some stage and will happily slow down and look away whilst you bare your bum

This being the hub.... Would you expect no less [emoji23]

I have managed to learn how much to eat and drink so that I can time my toilet stop once I get home. It also helps knowing your route so that you can time getting to the filling station or cycle shop along the way. They would usually help out without an issue, especially when it's a female requesting use of the facilities.

About the early need to wee:

Be careful not to over hydrate before a ride or a race. You'll just want to wee and then it is wasted time and fluid. Also, be careful with too much coffee before a ride, it is a diuretic and will make you wee more. Be especially careful with both on a cold early morning, when you won't sweat much and the effect of the above will be exaggerated.