[Event] We Benefit 99er Cycle Tour 2019

Ninetyniner Durbanville

Don't get off the bike - keep on going.

There was this one hot year when they just tared the road and I just switched my road bike to 1x8... dang... that was rough. But you just have to keep on going and don't get off to push.

I'll be missing this year, if they introduce a new / interesting route I'll give it a go again (like last year).

Hi there

I bought a coolermaster pc case from you last year

Cheers

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its my wife's 1st race she is doing the 57km and nervous about vissershok..... any advice for her ?

If she's on MTB - put it in granny and keep going.  If on a road bike - take off the road shoes and walk it out on socks... :whistling:

Hi there

I bought a coolermaster pc case from you last year

Cheers

CoolerMaster - that is exactly what one needs to be when going up Visserhok  :thumbup: 

The master of cool...

I don't think there are any cheat codes for Vissershok - you just have to tough it out  :devil:

That said, biggest part of Vissershok road is not particularly bad, it's only the last 2(?)km's that's really steep - no shame in walking it, many others will

Vissies hack.

Pop 3 gels about 14 mins out.

Vissies hack.

No wonder I was up there so slow in the previous years - I ride with H2O only.... 

Its my wife's 1st race she is doing the 57km and nervous about vissershok..... any advice for her ?

Tell her to plan to walk it , there is no shame in that, its not that long a walk , just grab some water at the water station at the bottom (there normally one), it gets hot walking that hill (don't ask how I know)

Vissies hack.

Last year in % bunch, as we approached the steep section after the 4-way stop at the school - one of the younger riders emptied his water bottle onto the road to save some weight. One of the other riders gave him one look and said loudly: 

"Boetie daai gaan f%k%l help!"

Ah, Vissies. What memories. Will never forget: at a very hot time of the day, almost at the top, assuming it was a girlfriend who had not been told the minor details of the hill(s) at the end of the race, was freaking out at her boyfriend, who at that time was pushing both bikes already. He then told her, mid-tirade, she shouldn't walk with road shoes on at which point she proceeded to take one off and throw it at him. I rather held back on informing her that she should save something for Odendaal.

Last year in % bunch, as we approached the steep section after the 4-way stop at the school - one of the younger riders emptied his water bottle onto the road to save some weight. One of the other riders gave him one look and said loudly: 

"Boetie daai gaan f%k%l help!"

Forkin hillarious

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I received two numbers...???? %287 and %289...how???

One for each leg ????????

I always check things as soon I collected at he registration, just in case