Munga 2018 Race news

The Munga

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be great to have live tv coverage of this, but then I suppose it might strip some of it's romanticism away. There is something quite intriguing about following dots on a computer screen...

Would be great to have live tv coverage of this, but then I suppose it might strip some of it's romanticism away. There is something quite intriguing about following dots on a computer screen...

Our wives would riot if there was live Munga tv coverage.

There a 2 dots way off course at the end of the field,,,,must be in cars traveling at 77kmper hour

There a 2 dots way off course at the end of the field,,,,must be in cars traveling at 77kmper hour

Darrell unfortunately missed cutoff and was withdrawn [emoji22]

So after my Origin of Trails stage race we decided to do a bit of a road trip home. Last night we slept in the Karoo National Park it was windy and cold. I guess that's a portent of things to come. Today we returned to Pretoria via Loxton with a Bloem stopover. The insights gained on what goes on behind the scenes is something to behold. You see this weekend there's a big wedding in Loxton, actually any wedding in Loxton has to account for a major event. I have an inkling based on Klaas the petrol jockey's face that even R1k tank fill was an event. "Janneman check hier dis a V6 vier lieter en hy vat oor 'n duisend Rand" was his comment to his mate at the office at the kooperasie. The lady at the Red Granaat was apoplectic over the wedding and the Munga descending on their little town on the same weekend. " Waar gaan ons al die kos kry vir al die mense?". "En die drank? Hierdie mense in die Karoo is baie dors Meneer!"

As for the race I met Thinus Redelinghuis' support team at the RV full of hope for a good showing from their man and that's not misplaced. They were keenly observing our overlanding setup of roof top tent, fridges and dual battery systems as ideal for seconding for this race.

We drove along the route and cheered RB on as he flew down the hill with wind behind him. MM we found 12KM down the road where we stopped for brunch. HV was full of smiles as climbed the short hill before the descent into Loxton. KB and CVZ looked the most relaxed of the lot. From my observation RB has this in the bag and I know a lot can change but MM looked a bit rattled while the other three looked like they were playing the waiting game. Who knows how this will unfold.

What time is Ramses flight tomorrow night? The man is on a mission!!! Just amazing to watch and admire all those dots traveling across this amazing country of ours.

The back markers are just under 400km's at the moment  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  RB is basically double their distance in the same time  :thumbup:  

What are the chances RB posts a photo of his flight ticket ???? Dated Fri 9pm 30.11.2018. That will be the ultimate motivation to win it in a predetermined set time.

I reckon this is a done deal. But a little bit of “action” or a twist in the tail won’t be bad either.

Archived