Munga 2018 Race news

The Munga

I think that data refers to since previous WP. And 3:32 hours is actually 0.03.32 hours, i.e. three-and-a-half minutes. 

Might also be due to his tracker acting up at the start. According to the times he arrived at the first three points he arrived at all three in the same amount of time.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it looks like HV tracker data is not accurate, he was offline first day and it was never adjusted up for time but the distance was.

I think that data refers to since previous WP. And 3:32 hours is actually 0.03.32 hours, i.e. three-and-a-half minutes. 

i think it is definitely DD:HH:MM

Moving Time 1:18:19 Stopped Time 0:03:32

Pardon my ignorance here, but this is the first time I hear of this ultra marathon event (despite having seen the name of the event previously)...

When these guys catch a nap, do they carry with them a little pop-up tent and sleep at the side of the road or are there designated sleeping sites enroute or something?

Pardon my ignorance here, but this is the first time I hear of this ultra marathon event (despite having seen the name of the event previously)...

When these guys catch a nap, do they carry with them a little pop-up tent and sleep at the side of the road or are there designated sleeping sites enroute or something?

There are designated sleeping spots, and a lot of the guys will just sleep on the side of the road for a 20 minute power nap.  Nobody carries tents though...

@Chingy there are dedicated places where you can sleep called Race Village. You can carry a tent but extra weight and you can sleep wherever you want on the route if you would like to take a nap.

spare a little bit of karma for Nicky Booyens.

3 time munga mtb finisher, 2 time munga footrace finisher.

47181784_1906080762846881_33579510142242

2 weeks ago she was finishing this little adventure race in Reunion, only took them 180+ hours.

https://www.facebook.com/arworldseries/videos/260583048149525/?t=196

and she got wacked in the eye

46235721_10156333233892499_8035269441514

one of the toughest tough nut there is

46370024_10156335310447499_6323678115964

When you look up Pocket Rocket in the dictionary there is a picture of her. Tough as nails lady this one!!

RB is now on the way to a nasty little climb before the Tar road to Ceres.Then you turn of onto ground road with serious downhill into town.

the RV is hard to find ,not marked at all.

He will most likely just sign in and out and then to Bainskloof

RB is now on the way to a nasty little climb before the Tar road to Ceres.Then you turn of onto ground road with serious downhill into town.

the RV is hard to find ,not marked at all.

He will most likely just sign in and out and then to Bainskloof

he has crested, expect the gap on the road to increase for a bit

what is the RV, looks like dennebos campsite?

that's massive and well signposted

I need to let my kids get a bit older first. This race would require a lot of training and I don't have that sort of time at the moment. I keep telling my wife I want to do it, she hasn't said no so I am setting a goal of a 2020 entry. I am busy with the lack of sleep training in a big way so by then I should have that side of things sorted :clap: .

I have the opposite problem. My wife is keen to do this race . Me, not so much.

You can read here, gives you a great insight about the Munga.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/179021-munga-musings-from-a-novice-part-123/?hl=munga

oh and from the article "classic"

There are no stages.  No breaks.  1100km, one-time-shoe-shine.  And that’s the beauty (I think) of this race.  You are treated like an adult.  You decide when you stop, whether you sleep or not and whether you give up or not. 

looking at the race profile, once after sutherland it just looks like this

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--ooRtsWyF--/alz6scd1nmwszzkjlhfd.jpg

Archived