The Veganism Thread

Odinson

That's how discussions are started. Quite often the opposite pole of your view might come across as non constructive.

I've been following this thread from the beginning, and I'm still not convinced that any vegan dish can taste as good as a proper lamb curry. And I still giggle when I read about nut cheese. But I find it interesting non the less.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been following this thread from the beginning, and I'm still not convinced that any vegan dish can taste as good as a proper lamb curry. And I still giggle when I read about nut cheese. But I find it interesting non the less.

You won't know until you try. 

Why not try this recipe for a no-lamb curry: https://delightfuldeliciousdelovelyblog.wordpress.com/2014/06/04/easy-vegan-spicy-lamb-curry/

Here's Chris Packham putting it more succinctly than most. It's Brit centric but applies equally.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/03/veganuary-vegan-food-farming

The second-to-last paragraph is rather good.

Good opinion piece. 

Regarding the "ultra-vegans", like I've said before, there'll always be outliers. They shouldn't dominate your thinking.  

Saying you're not going vegan because of Peta or some other loudmouth is the same as saying you're never going to touch a bike because of Lance Armstrong. ****'em and just do your thing. That's my approach. 

I didn't say no vegans aren't allowed, I'm not vegan myself. but he seems to come in here to bash everything and not in a constructive way either.  

much like an atheist popping into a thread about religion having a go for the sake of having a go. 

sounds a lot like a certain vegan i know....

That's how discussions are started. Quite often the opposite pole of your view might come across as non constructive.

discussions involve discussing, ... refer to Patch's approach.... ie. constructive

but anyway that's not what I'm here for ... as you were. 

Edited by Uni

I made this yesterday as race food (always looking for "cleaner" food to use) suffice to say, it wont last long enough for me to try during a ride.  :drool:

https://simpleveganblog.com/3-ingredient-raw-cacao-bites/ 

(*I used mixed roasted nuts and cocao powder)

Haha we made something very similar - 2 different nuts, cacao, dates and something else I can't remember. But we added a little water to help our little baby blender do the job. We've now had a tub of refuses-to-harden soup in the fridge for a week!

Haha we made something very similar - 2 different nuts, cacao, dates and something else I can't remember. But we added a little water to help our little baby blender do the job. We've now had a tub of refuses-to-harden soup in the fridge for a week!

On that woolies had a little (must have been trial) pack of goji, date and cacao balls. Not the 3 pack in stores now with the activated charcoal and rubbish but smaller and slightly different balls.

DELICIOUS!

maybe add some chia seeds to help with the "setting"

Some vegans a little pissed with Hyundai over their Super Bowl ad...

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/hyundai-sees-vegan-backlash-over-super-bowl-ad-2019-2

It's a good ad. It's sad that the Marketing Dept. of Hyundai wanted to rag on vegan food, but whatever. 

This also aired during SuperBowl: Carl's Jr new Beyond Burger (no, it's not vegan if you take it with the cheese and mayo). 

https://youtu.be/vhv7WfalZvc

Isn't America home to most of the worlds population of fatasses?
Maybe a few vegan meals would help them over there....!

Isn't America home to most of the worlds population of fatasses?

Maybe a few vegan meals would help them over there....!

Its actually not anymore. I looked this up a while ago because I also remember the US was the most obese and SA was 2nd or 3rd. Or so I thought.

Turns out there are a bunch of Pacific islands that are top of the pops. US is around 20th, SA around 40th.

I was very surprised.