The SKY is falling

ScottCM

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, those wage bills are enormous. Wonder if Doug will make contact with Froomie?

It will be very difficult if you think that Quickstep have yearly issues when it comes to sponsors and they are the best team in the world.

Not so sure Froome would be able to fit in anywhere else to be honest..and he isn't getting younger either...

Formula 1 team perhaps?

I see McLaren are climbed on board Bahrain- Merida.(?). well i think i saw something like that.

Interesting is also the FC PORTO have a continental team now..

Edit.. i see a thread had been opened.

All I got from that article was Mallorca!

Just about every team is there atm..as a cycling fan it is the place to be to spot the pros..lol

I think that leaves Froome's contract with a year to run, if I remember correctly he's signed until end of 2020. I wonder what the cancellation penalty is for the pros?

I think that leaves Froome's contract with a year to run, if I remember correctly he's signed until end of 2020. I wonder what the cancellation penalty is for the pros?

Thomas, Bernal..and a few others have long term contracts.. probably find in the fine print it is dependent on Sponsorship..there may be a few riders going.. I should've taken that other contract with another team when I had the chance..

Will make for interesting GT selection...and whoever is leader may just struggle to find the support as it (esp the TDF) will be a chance for riders to show their stuff in the hopes of finding a new ride if the team hasn't lined up a new big money sponsor by then..

It will be very difficult if you think that Quickstep have yearly issues when it comes to sponsors and they are the best team in the world.

Not so sure Froome would be able to fit in anywhere else to be honest..and he isn't getting younger either...

Exactly my thinking. Doug took Cav when he started aging, and let's be honest, Froomie will bring some sort of income with him wherever he goes, be it sponsorship or PR it doesn't matter. Only stumbling block would be wages, that is if he is prepared to never contest for a GT win again. Still think he would be a great role model to the youngsters. 

Archived