UCI DH World Cup 2019 Season

Hairy

Exactamundo! 

Team Racing Dudes, which I believe is not a registered trade team, so they're basically one step above privateers in that they get some sponsor support, but they're still below a full factory team. 

Rad, thanks. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant Believe Vergier didn't win. Seriously, I wanted him to win so badly!

I know its been said, but there is 4 or 5 riders thats just head and shoulders above the rest at the moment, damn exciting. 

That track looked scary. So steep and long. 

Edited by Bos

That was the DH race of the year, perhaps even the last 5 years.

I'm starting to feel sorry for AG, which means he must be having a really bad time of it. Greg was a bit disappointing. His super controlled approach works sometimes, but as LV, TB and Super Bruni showed, you have to get onto the edge and risk it on a track like this...

Interestingly enough loic won that in the first split where Greg should have ordinarily have dominated with his power and skill. That said... The older you get the harder it is to compete with youngsters.... Trust me..I know [emoji38]

brunette: one in the picture, but not in the frame ;) (nBL: old pic, and can't tell if she's the the one seen at Andorra)

IMG_4094-gm802.jpg

Hannah: she's looking abit puffy these days.

and agreed: someone needs to sign up the restauranteer Denim Destroyer. The Boy is cooking!

I love the appreciation the riders at the finish area showed him. Would be vrek funny if Levi's did follow up on Rob's comment that maybe one of the denim labels should sponsor him. I reckon a maker of mobile phones should be second.

Defiantly not the brunette in the pic, that ended quite awhile ago.

Dumb question... But is morzine and Les Gets the same thing.. Or are there two different dh areas right next to each other

Morzine the town

Les Gets is the park

Speak under correction

I leave tomorrow, staying in Morzine and definitely riding in Les Gets

Dumb question... But is morzine and Les Gets the same thing.. Or are there two different dh areas right next to each other

Not a dumb question. The whole area is called the portes du soleil. It's the biggest linked riding area in the world. There are 22 summer lifts servicing 6 bikebarks in France and Switzerland. Les Gets is a town. Morzine is a town. They are adjacent to each other seperated by a mountain. Think Tokai and Hout Bay. Morzine is a bit bigger than Les Gets.

Les Gets has 3 main riding areas serviced by 3 lifts (4 for the World Cup. The top lift on Mont Cheri is generally walkers only)

Chavannes and Nauchettes is on one side of the valley and Mont Cheri on the other side. Imagine Jonkers with more trails and ski lifts.

The xc will happen on the Chavannes side pretty much under the lift and the DH will happen on Mont Cheri.

To get to Les Gets from Morzine you catch the pleney lift which is basically the back side of Chavannes and roll downhill into Les Gets. Or you can ride. It's about 6km and 180m by road from downtown Morz to Downtown Les Gets.

Morzine has 3 riding areas serviced by 4 lifts. Pleney (On the back side of Chavannes), Zore and Avoriaz (I can't spell the name of the lift)

Further afield in the same area there's Lindarets and Chatel.

Crosets, Morgins and Champery are in switzerland but all part of the same area accessed by the same lift pass. If you're strong you can do runs in 6 bikeparks in 2 countries all on the same day without the use of a car.

@Meezo. You can get free trail maps at the lift stations and in most bike shops.

This will give you an idea. Note this is JUST Les Gets and the Pleney side of Morzine.

post-83454-0-61380300-1562696014_thumb.png

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Morzine the town

Les Gets is the park

Speak under correction

I leave tomorrow, staying in Morzine and definitely riding in Les Gets

Enjoy and ride safe  :thumbup:

Enjoy and ride safe  :thumbup:

Indeed.

• The first rule of these trips is to finish the trip.
  • Don't get carried away. Day 3 & 4 are your danger days.
  • Ride within your limits.
  • Take it all in.
  • Don't take a rest day. Chow some painkillers and man up. Maybe do a ridge line day but get out there.
  • Get your eye in in Les Gets but then get away from there ASAP. The best trails are elsewhere. Go back to Les Gets is it's raining.
  • Go to Morgins
  • Do the Col de Cou ridgeline
Edited by Duane_Bosch

@Myles and @Nigel.

A while ago the 2 of you ridiculed me for having the temerity to suggest that the World Cups should be held where the riding infrastructure and the fans are. I.e. Bikeparks.

Here we are in 2019 and all of the World Cups are being held in Bikeparks...... This weekend's world cup is being held at the Grand Daddy of European Bikeparks. On the very same mountain in fact.

I await my apology.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

@Myles and @Nigel.

A while ago the 2 of you ridiculed me for having the temerity to suggest that the World Cups should be held where the riding infrastructure and the fans are. I.e. Bikeparks.

Here we are in 2019 and all of the World Cups are being held in Bikeparks...... This weekend's world cup is being held at the Grand Daddy of European Bikeparks. On the very same mountain in fact.

I await my apology.

And a few years ago it was held at Champrey.... just saying

Predictions for this weekend? 

Frankly, it's probably going to be another French podium, but I think Brosnan could maybe, just maybe, sneak in a win. 

Hot tip for the FL: Gwin is feeling fresh and ready to race! 

@Myles and @Nigel.

I await my apology.

I still think that more places should be able to showcase their stuff, but I did act like an ass in how I argued my viewpoint. For that, I apologise.