UCI DH World Cup 2019 Season

Hairy

Whatever happened to Gwin, happened so fast that I am sure he has no cooking clue how it went wrong. This was evident later on when he was trying to see the footage taken.

Wonder if it was a old prototype tyre or rim that his poor mechanic accidentally fitted to his race bike  :ph34r:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a9ucCrsNkE

Watch at 0.25 speed. Looks like his front wheel just caught a hole and deflected a bit too fast for him to handle. you see the front go down, then him start to go forwards and rotate. BEEEEEG pushup, couldn't hold it, weight all teh way over the front and went past the point of no return. Initially I thought it looked like a pedal strike...  

Given how strong he is, I don't think many riders, if any at all, would have been able to control that. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch at 0.25 speed. Looks like his front wheel just caught a hole and deflected a bit too fast for him to handle. you see the front go down, then him start to go forwards and rotate. BEEEEEG pushup, couldn't hold it, weight all teh way over the front and went past the point of no return. Initially I thought it looked like a pedal strike...  

Given how strong he is, I don't think many riders, if any at all, would have been able to control that. 

TL:DR version: it's John's fault.

If you had listened to the riders in the various videos that were released before and during the event, you'd know that there was universal agreement that the track, which was artifically created using gravel and rock, to deal with the bog up there,  is grippier in the wet than the dry. I'll wait for Gwin to tell us what happened.

grippier in the wet than the dry.....LOL ok that has to be a universal first.

go do your homework as noted by Headshot......the argument being that the kitty litter is less skittish when wet and forms a cement like finish.

the rain also washes dust and mud off of the granite rocks, and this equals more traction.

if you watched the XCO at albstadt, they made the same comment that when it is raining one has better traction and the tyres tend to clog up less with mud.

Some surfaces to tend to be grippier in the wet than the dry. Dunno about FW wet though...

Vertical video of a laptop screen. Jissus, I'm sick to my stomach. 

Rather watch here: @53:00

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/tv/video/AP-1XH4Y72XS1W11/men-s-dh-finals-fort-william

Edited by Odinson

Who really cares whether you or anyone else thinks she is 'hot' - she is a great sportsperson, achieved a hell of a lot in the sport even at her tender young age, she is clever, gregarious and generous in spirit and a great asset to the sport. I think all round she is a beautiful person and to reduce the discussion to her sex appeal to you or anyone else is quite frankly an insult to her and to women athletes in general.

Attractive....not hot

Who really cares whether you or anyone else thinks she is 'hot' - she is a great sportsperson, achieved a hell of a lot in the sport even at her tender young age, she is clever, gregarious and generous in spirit and a great asset to the sport. I think all round she is a beautiful person and to reduce the discussion to her sex appeal to you or anyone else is quite frankly an insult to her and to women athletes in general.

Then why did you post pictures of her outside of a racing environment above in the thread. Kind of hypocritical wouldn't you say?

Gwin's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/ByOaaXpgJlb/

Lost the rear coming into turn 10 and went full Ricky Bobby today. I’m still a little confused on how this happened but I definitely jacked somethin up. Lol It’s been a rough week, just gotta laugh at this point and move on. A for effort, stoked I’m ok and lookin forward to next weekend. Thanks to my team for all the hard work, we’ll get there! 

Can someone please tell me how to embed Instagram posts? I always fark it up. 

YOu need to remove the bit from the ? onwards in the link that you copy to clipboard. If you're on a PC, go to the individual post and just copy the URL. If you copy from the person's page, same as the former. Need to remove everything after teh initial alphanumeric sequence and following / 

Well, in this case it's true. Not every surface is JUST tar or JUST rock or JUST pebbles. Little bits of detritus fall / form on top of the substrate, rock, etc etc and the rain washes them away. The soil gets damp and the loose stone on top sink in to the soil, giving a less squiggly surface than the loose stuff would have been in the dry. Moon dust clumps together to form a slightly better base for grip, until it doesn't. 

Wet roots, though, are death-logs. 

Well, in this case it's true. Not every surface is JUST tar or JUST rock or JUST pebbles. Little bits of detritus fall / form on top of the substrate, rock, etc etc and the rain washes them away. The soil gets damp and the loose stone on top sink in to the soil, giving a less squiggly surface than the loose stuff would have been in the dry. Moon dust clumps together to form a slightly better base for grip, until it doesn't. 

Wet roots, though, are death-logs. 

Those are one-way tickets to Destination F*cked!