UCI DH World Cup 2019 Season

Hairy

I don't think it's likely that IFR is going to spectacularly implode, but I wouldn't be surprised if they dump Moir and/or Mullaly come end of the season. 

Intense made it pretty obvious that they're sinking hella money into IFR and I frankly don't see guys falling over one another to buy an Intense just because AG is on IFR. In comparison, The YT Mob was a well oiled machine. They had a great media presence, YT were/are selling a metric shitton of bikes and had the WC results to back it up. Given, 2019 has been underwhelming for them thus far, as they don't have a high profile rider. IFR just seems a tad meh in comparison. 

I do agree that it's too early to write off AG. Baby Jesus has been testing the poor oke and he can still come back and get some good results. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's likely that IFR is going to spectacularly implode, but I wouldn't be surprised if they dump Moir and/or Mullaly come end of the season. 

Intense made it pretty obvious that they're sinking hella money into IFR and I frankly don't see guys falling over one another to buy an Intense just because AG is on IFR. In comparison, The YT Mob was a well oiled machine. They had a great media presence, YT were/are selling a metric shitton of bikes and had the WC results to back it up. Given, 2019 has been underwhelming for them thus far, as they don't have a high profile rider. IFR just seems a tad meh in comparison. 

I do agree that it's too early to write off AG. Baby Jesus has been testing the poor oke and he can still come back and get some good results. 

I'd like an Intense, but they are so expensive :(

* please refrain from those kind of religious remarks and respect other's belief

I'd like an Intense, but they are so expensive :(

* please refrain from those kind of religious remarks and respect other's belief

No. You can respect the person, without respecting the belief. They are not mutually exclusive. 

Besides, in AG's case he used to be extremely up front about how God favours him, and he's suuuper close to Jesus which is why he wins so much. Only normal that it would open him up to a bit of ridicule surrounding that. If God was on his side for the wins, then he sure is for the failures, too. #testthefaith./ 

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

Man, the 2019 season has been an absolute belter thus far! Such sick racing.

Sunday's Men's race was tighter than a really tight thing. Didn't expect Minaar to turn it up in his race run, but he killed it.

I should really follow my own predictions if I want to score better in the fantasy league. Figured Hannah and one of the Frenchies would take it, but then didn't pick any of them, rather focusing on a spread of more consistent riders. [emoji107]

Hoffman is absolutely killing it! 2nd as a privateer. I see she's been hanging around in the Syndicate pits, so perhaps Santa Cruz/Juliana can offer her a factory ride, despite The Syndicate being a notorious old boys club.

Can't wait for the next rounds!

I think they already picked Nina up. If they did, the support she will get will be awesome for her and hoping for a lot more podiums...9e06f2ec4396bdb3ab28f4dc02483e10.jpg

TAY-HO 21st at Innsbruck ahead of some heavy hitters. I think we'll see him qualify for a few World Cups this year.

yes!  I think he did very well given it's a new track. Nicely outshining the rest of the saffas that pitched up. was nice however to see Mr Mcmaster camping the hotseat for a long while.

Edited by Capricorn

yes!  I think he did very well given it's a new track. Nicely outshining the rest of the saffas that pitched up. was nice however to see Mr Mcmaster camping the hotseat for a long while.

Except he really was squatting with no right to be there as it turns out. Poor guy. 

Except he really was squatting with no right to be there as it turns out. Poor guy. 

Pity.

If anyone wants to support the young lad his DH bike is for sale in the classifieds.....

Must say I didn't think much of the course. If i reckon I could ride down it even very slowly, then its too easy. Thee slopestyle was way more entertaining. Some real stand out performances and madness from Rogatkin as usual. Those guys really take it to the next level.

Feels like forever till we see the racing at Andorra ... it will also be the first time this season that we see both the XCO and DH racing on the same weekend ... BONUS!

Referring to Mcmaster? what's the story?

Must say I didn't think much of the course. If i reckon I could ride down it even very slowly, then its too easy. Thee slopestyle was way more entertaining. Some real stand out performances and madness from Rogatkin as usual. Those guys really take it to the next level.

slopestyle has reached the point where i think, that without slow-mo, more specifically ultra-slow-mo, we won't know wth a rider just did viewing in real-time. It will look crazy, we'll clap and high5 just because everyone else is. But we Joe&JanePublic won't appreciate the tricks.

It's becoming very complicated to watch without the aid of video playback.

Edited by Capricorn

I'd also like to know. 

They screwed up his start time. something like that. Sounds a bit low tech. Don't the bikes have transponders now? or is that only WC races?

Edited by Duane_Bosch

They screwed up his start time. something like that. Sounds a bit low tech. Don't the bikes have transponders now? or is that only WC races?

Ya sounds like a local race. Basically his time was 30secs too fast. He apparently also thought it was wrong and said so while on the hot seat. They eventually worked out the error. i suspect some riders were on the list but dropped out and he maybe started his run in someone else's slot but finished as himself :-)

slopestyle has reached the point where i think, that without slow-mo, more specifically ultra-slow-mo, we won't know wth a rider just did viewing in real-time. It will look crazy, we'll clap and high5 just because everyone else is. But we Joe&JanePublic won't appreciate the tricks.

It's becoming very complicated to watch without the aid of video playback.

They have ultra slow playback of every trick these days. Its amazing. I find you can see the trick is awesome in real time, like Godzieks twister suicide or whatever it was but the fine points come out in the slow mo. This one was probably the most hotly contested event I've ever seen