Shoes - what? where?

Furbz

I was checking out the size chart on the shoe (on Specialized's website), and UK 9.6 equals to 44.

i got these SPAZ shoes today. :ph34r:

i'm usually a uk12/US13...

the 12/13 in these felt like a 11 would if I get romantic/emotional and try to force it :blush:

so i sized up.

post-64325-0-36732600-1554751869_thumb.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also got a pair of those on the weekend :)

I've tried every shop, every brand I could find over the last 3 months, these are the only ones that seemed to be comfortable for my wide duck feet.

1c12365c19d8c3163201e58b9c399cb1.jpg

I was checking out the size chart on the shoe (on Specialized's website), and UK 9.6 equals to 44.

My Shimano's inside according to the tag is showing 27.8cm.

I'm fairly confident the 43 will be too small for me but I will test it on Wednesday when I cycle to Stellenbosch at the Specialized store.

OK good idea. Looks like us 10 could be 43 or 44

UK 10 is around 44 /45 euro size.

Best to try before you buy.

giro shoes are a narrow fit. I couldn't get my feet into them without getting numb feet.

i got these SPAZ shoes today. :ph34r:

i'm usually a uk12/US13...

the 12/13 in these felt like a 11 would if I get romantic/emotional and try to force it :blush:

so i sized up.

Morne I had to wait months for stock of the 48 .... glad you got sorted !!  Not much stock of the larger shoes around.

With tekkies and normal shoes I am typically size 13.  At "New Balance" I got a size 12-4E (extra-extra wide). WOW !!  What pleasure to wear shoes that actually fit properly.

Morne I had to wait months for stock of the 48 .... glad you got sorted !!  Not much stock of the larger shoes around.

With tekkies and normal shoes I am typically size 13.  At "New Balance" I got a size 12-4E (extra-extra wide). WOW !!  What i pleasure to wear shoes that actually fit properly.

I was so lucky, i decided i cant take a chance with online conversion charts with these Euro sized bike shoes, and CWC etc look at you funny when you ask for anything larger than 11 to fit so I checked spaz's website and saw they make them up to size 50 and just went to revolution cycles.....and they had 1 pair in the more expensive COMP one (i was going to get the "Sport")....so I just took them. Shoutout though, they were willing to give me some discount to lighten the blow and seal the deal...so thanks guys.

the struggle is real if you dont wear 'childrens' sizes. I get it's a supply and demand thing but If you wear anything over 11UK these days you cant go into a shop looking at what you like the most....you go in asking if they stock anything over 12 and that they should bring them all out and those are your choices....and that usually is only 1 or 2 pairs of shoes...one of which usually is something you'd never consider if not drunk.

anyway, i'm super glad i got a pair that fit.

Hi all,

Did not want to make an entirely new thread for just this question but I am looking for new road shoes.

The problem in my opinion in the sizing... I am looking at getting the S-Works 6. I tried the EU 44 at Tygerberg Cycles and they are definitely more narrow compared to my Shimano SH-R151s which sits a bit lose on my feet. Not that they felt uncomfortable or too tight. The BOAs made adjusting very easy and the shoes felt very snug on my feet.

My normal shoe size is 10, so I presume the 44 should be fine? 

I did have a pair of Specialized MTB shoes which were 43 but of course, the road shoes differ in fit and shape.

Just don't want to buy the incorrect size and later on see it is not the right one after spending a pretty penny.

But I am very tempted, these shoes will fit my T-Mobile perfectly

We're about the same size and I have neither a broad nor skinny foot - bought some Guarne off Marz in Jhb for a great deal. They squeeze me a but and sound like an option for you. Some cool colours ( not pink mind you) I ended up with some snazzy blue shimanos which are great. For MTB I can't recommend the bontrager range enough although I did have some service issues which were eventually sorted. Not for skinny feet

Seems that I was totally wrong in sizing...

Craig assisted me and I clearly needed a 43 as the 44 was way too big! Even the 43.5 was too big.

So I was glad I went to the Specialized store in Stellenbosch. Ended up paying less as well compared to Tygerberg Cycles.

OK good idea. Looks like us 10 could be 43 or 44
UK 10 is around 44 /45 euro size.
Best to try before you buy.
giro shoes are a narrow fit. I couldn't get my feet into them without getting numb feet.

Seems that I was totally wrong in sizing...

Craig assisted me and I clearly needed a 43 as the 44 was way too big! Even the 43.5 was too big.

So I was glad I went to the Specialized store in Stellenbosch. Ended up paying less as well compared to Tygerberg Cycles.

awesome. Glad you're sorted with Happy Feet! :)

The Bontcycling.com and Lakecyling,com have very good guides on how to measure your feet and apply the measurement to their calculator to find your ideal shoe size. More importantly both deliver a centimetre measurement for your feet. Add 3mm to 5mm and you'll have your shoe size in the Japanese metric size. You can then use this size to convert to other brands US, UK or EU sizes.

For Giro I go 1/2 size up and for Sidi one full size i.e. from 42 to 43.

Once you have those measurements you'll be able to hone right in to your ideal size in almost any brand as long as the last suits your feet.

lovely prezzie from my wife for my birthday on saturday - RC901. Knowing me well, she even got the wide fit which is what I needed. Its a perfect fit.

They are quite a step up in comfort from my old R171's. Also very stiff which is noticable especially when climbing and standing.

post-67394-0-01892600-1555308998_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

lovely prezzie from my wife for my birthday on saturday - RC901. Knowing me well, she even got the wide fit which is what I needed. Its a perfect fit.

They are quite a step up in comfort from my old R171's. Also very stiff which is noticable especially when climbing and standing.

attachicon.gif20190414_174457.jpg

1 month riding these, they are great shoes, super comfortable and stiff !

But the quality seems to be a bit down from what 1 would expect on something that cost this much.

The rubber heel pads seem to be really soft and are getting damaged quite easily.

The route on my weekday rides only have 1 robot to stop at so there is very lil time spent unclipping for the shoe to meet the tar and get damaged.

Not happy with this, if it gets really bad then i'll take it up with Shimano for a replacement or refund.

Archived