Bike Hub 2019 Commuters Challenge

Imploder

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I have joined as well. How about a challenge for total elevation? 

I think most will have a challange wrt to climbing on commute.  Most commutes into cities tend to be relatively flat.  Joburg is a tad hilly but for the most like in Pretoria and even in Cape Town (unless commuting from the Peninsula) it is pretty much flat.  I myself in Munich have it pretty flat.  It is alright for the Sani2C challange which is only a week but most suffer to get the climbs in.

I think most will have a challange wrt to climbing on commute.  Most commutes into cities tend to be relatively flat.  Joburg is a tad hilly but for the most like in Pretoria and even in Cape Town (unless commuting from the Peninsula) it is pretty much flat.  I myself in Munich have it pretty flat.  It is alright for the Sani2C challange which is only a week but most suffer to get the climbs in.

Added to this, Endo doesn't really have the ability to create a climbing meters challenge. We faced this problem with the Sani2C challenge last year.

Where in Pretoria did you commute? I worked at Unisa and lived in the east and I don't think there was any flat route between the two. Or maybe I just forgot :)

Where in Pretoria did you commute? I worked at Unisa and lived in the east and I don't think there was any flat route between the two. Or maybe I just forgot :)

The east is a tad more hilly but not high hills.  I grew up in the east.  But later stayed in the Moot and unless you diverted via Klapperkop and Voortrekkerhoogte there was not much really.

?

Tapiriik - Used to sync between Strava and Endomondo. You can manually sync, or pay the $2 subscription to automatically sync. 

Mine expired and I could not understand why mt rides did not go to Endomondo.

Tapiriik - Used to sync between Strava and Endomondo. You can manually sync, or pay the $2 subscription to automatically sync. 

Mine expired and I could not understand why mt rides did not go to Endomondo.

Ok thanks.  I don't use it then.  Strava and Endomondo syncs with Garmin Connect so I do not have the problem.

100-150 m on a 30 km commute in my mind is pretty flat.  Will post a profile of my commute which I actually consider flat.

Thanks Bats.

I get 220m on the 25km morning commute and 350m on the 27km home commute.

So i am slightly ahead of flat.  ^_^

100-150 m on a 30 km commute in my mind is pretty flat.  Will post a profile of my commute which I actually consider flat.

Going directly to work I climb 90m-100m over 8km. Coming home it's 40m-50m for the same route. Can get to work in 20min and home in 15min but usually do it in about 22min and 18min.

Joined the challenge yesterday and got one ride on the board...rain stopped play for the afternoon session tho...

It came down yesterday. I was heading towards it on my way home and could see it was going to be a rilla. When the planes starts turning away from the airport(using 21 for departure) earlier at low level then I know they ducking some serious weather in the south. The wind was also insane. I got home and like 10 min later it hit us hard.