Bike Hub 2019 Commuters Challenge

Imploder

Did you come right with Endomondo?

I record on Garmin which auto-suncs to Strava. From there I uses Tapariik to auto-sync with Endomondo.

endomondo can autosynch directly with garmin

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, it looks like I will manage.

It seems I need to start Endomondo first and then Strava.

If Strava is on and I start Endomondo strava stops for some reason.

I will know in the morning!

What do you guys think about a secondary challenge: Number of days commuting or number of commutes? 

Just to keep it interesting for those of us who do not have a 40km commute? Can Endomondo handle something like that? 

This is a cool idea. My commute is short but I usually don't miss a day unless the weather is really bad or I need to go somewhere after work which is seldom.

Hi, it looks like I will manage.

It seems I need to start Endomondo first and then Strava.

If Strava is on and I start Endomondo strava stops for some reason.

I will know in the morning!

Are you using both apps to record your rides manually using your phone?

If you use Strava alone, you have the option of either manually uploading your rides afterwards to Endo, or you can use a 3rd party platform like Tapariik as cat-i mentioned to sync your strava rides with Endo. No fuss of having to press 2 record buttons.

Otherwise, get a Bluetooth enabled GPS device like Garmin/Wahoo/Sigma and you'll have absolutely no fuss of having to do anything  :thumbup:

Babies didn't sleep lekker so we got up plenty last night and then I slightly over slept. Got up late and was still determined to commute. While outside feeding the dogs and sorting the pool I checked the weather looked dodge. A few min before I was ready to leave(This is now about 20 min late) my wife tunes me it's raining. I look on the CCTV and it's so soft its not even showing. I go and check the pool and can see it's very soft rain. At this stage I look at my 3 small kids and think, do I want them to drink water and bread(take gas guzzling car) for breakfast or milo and fruit salad(take Bicycle). They got milo and fruit salad, well the 3 y/o atleast. The twins can't have that yet. It was not very wet and I enjoyed the ride. I had to sprint the whole way and straight into a headwind but it's good training.

What do you guys think about a secondary challenge: Number of days commuting or number of commutes? 

Just to keep it interesting for those of us who do not have a 40km commute? Can Endomondo handle something like that? 

Not sure if Strava can. On Endomondo I have seen number of workouts. I've set one up on http://www.endomondo.com/challenges/39209519

Edited by cat-i

Well it will be some time before I am getting into this challange.  We are having quite a bit of snow at the moment.  The most weve had in several years. And it will be snowing for quite some time to come.  Well my oldest daughter is liking this as her school got cancelled for today due to too much snow.

post-71-0-53181800-1546846071.jpg

Well it will be some time before I am getting into this challange.  We are having quite a bit of snow at the moment.  The most weve had in several years. And it will be snowing for quite some time to come.  Well my oldest daughter is liking this as her school got cancelled for today due to too much snow.

attachicon.gifWeather.jpg

We not complaining :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Babies didn't sleep lekker so we got up plenty last night and then I slightly over slept. Got up late and was still determined to commute. While outside feeding the dogs and sorting the pool I checked the weather looked dodge. A few min before I was ready to leave(This is now about 20 min late) my wife tunes me it's raining. I look on the CCTV and it's so soft its not even showing. I go and check the pool and can see it's very soft rain. At this stage I look at my 3 small kids and think, do I want them to drink water and bread(take gas guzzling car) for breakfast or milo and fruit salad(take Bicycle). They got milo and fruit salad, well the 3 y/o atleast. The twins can't have that yet. It was not very wet and I enjoyed the ride. I had to sprint the whole way and straight into a headwind but it's good training.

Maximum RespecT!