Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2019

So how does this challenge thread work? Do we post weights etc regularly or is it like an AA mtg where we just support each other.. ? :whistling:

Talking about more-ish. I have also laid off any alcohol as I found this to be a huge stumbling block to weight loss in my case.

This weekend was hard in the sense that I spent all day yesterday on a boat fishing off Robben Island. Hard work in the hot sun that is. Friend (owner of said boat) had 6 six-pack of ice cold beers he was willing to share. Had to say no... :thumbdown:

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So how does this challenge thread work? Do we post weights etc regularly or is it like an AA mtg where we just support each other.. ? :whistling:

Talking about more-ish. I have also laid off any alcohol as I found this to be a huge stumbling block to weight loss in my case.

This weekend was hard in the sense that I spent all day yesterday on a boat fishing off Robben Island. Hard work in the hot sun that is. Friend (owner of said boat) had 6 six-pack of ice cold beers he was willing to share. Had to say no... :thumbdown:

There's a link to the spreadsheet on pg1. Put your name and deets down and go for it!

Like Mayhem said.. Weigh in is on the 1st of every month.

Ok, I am in too.

To keep myself interested, I decided to stick to something I like: Stats and behavior

I will share some of the stats that I am tracking:

So in order to hit my goal weight of around 85kg, I decided to break it down a bit. 

My first goal is to go under 90kg before Race to the Sun on the 16th of Feb.

I worked out that I would need to lose 0.2kg/day to get there.

So 1.4kg per week which is reasonable and doable without making this a health issue.

Now all I have to do is lose 0.2kg every day as opposed to losing 5kg in 4 weeks.

From yesterday to today was a big drop BUT this is probably because yesterday I weighed myself after breakfast and coffee etc.

I also keep track of my BP just because I believe we could all do wit a lower BP. Now this was taken straight after I woke up so...It is anywhere between 110/70 and 120/80 in the mornings. So no worries there.

Thanks to my watch, I also track my sleep, calories and a bunch of other stats - So by the end of February I should be able to get a good idea of what happened and why it happened.

post-7694-0-03576400-1548143497_thumb.jpg

2nd day under 120kg, staying focused and getting some training done.

Man I miss beer!

That means almost 5kg in just 3 weeks?! Well done!!

From my last post Oct 2108 :

"Been a busy few weeks and started doing the keto thing.

Was hard a 1st but kinda enjoying it at the moment

Weighted in this morning at 86.7kg so that was my original target off 88kg achieved.

Next target is 84kg, I think then my wife will start telling me its enough"

I weighed in Dec 16 before starting the festive season at 82,5 kg

after Christmas and new-years i gained a few kg's (84-85) but happy to weight in this week at 82,1Kg.

Originally started off at 122kg and my new target is 80kg.

Ok, I am in too.

To keep myself interested, I decided to stick to something I like: Stats and behavior

So in order to hit my goal weight of around 85kg, I decided to break it down a bit. 

So 1.4kg per week which is reasonable and doable without making this a health issue.

Now all I have to do is lose 0.2kg every day as opposed to losing 5kg in 4 weeks.

From yesterday to today was a big drop BUT this is probably because yesterday I weighed myself after breakfast and coffee etc.

I also keep track of my BP just because I believe we could all do wit a lower BP. Now this was taken straight after I woke up so...It is anywhere between 110/70 and 120/80 in the mornings. So no worries there.

Thanks to my watch, I also track my sleep, calories and a bunch of other stats - So by the end of February I should be able to get a good idea of what happened and why it happened.

I'd like to see if this is achievable. 200g per day is a lot, but wishing you success in this bloody tough endeavour!

I believe you'll be able to do this for s short period, but not over a prolonged period, most of what I've recently read is that a sustainable level is about 60-85g's per day. Body re-compositioning and all that jazz taking place. 

Still hovering around 70 kg. Haven't been too diligent with eating less. I need to hide my stash of Futurelife from myself.

http://www.diethobby.com/Tuploads/images/home/animals-more/mousetrapdiet-tablechair.jpg

almost 6 ours of training this week, eating really clean while doing IF, but only just 300g weight loss. This is the part I hate, where not much happens. I know I know, thats how it goes. 1 week till weigh in, lets see what can be done.

Yuup, just keep at it! You know how it goes..the following week you drop sommer 2kgs!

The in-laws have been gone for just four days and I've managed to start dropping again. Now on 93.9kg from 97.5kg since 07 January. Still have about 150km and 3500m of climbing, mostly single tracks, planned from tomorrow till Sunday..that's some proper exercise over the weekend..just have to keep on my eating plan, then I'll drop a bit more by the end of the week.

almost 6 ours of training this week, eating really clean while doing IF, but only just 300g weight loss. This is the part I hate, where not much happens. I know I know, thats how it goes. 1 week till weigh in, lets see what can be done.

I'm in the same boat... diet has been on point, training on point, and I've even given up my beloved beer... clothes are already fitting nicer, but that damned scale has even had the audacity to nudge up a little  :cursing: 

I do also think we're likely retaining a bit of water in this heat wave... but that too shall pass

Just need to stay the course

Ok, I am in too.

post-7694-0-67605900-1548316612_thumb.jpg

Edited by DBAD

Yuup, just keep at it! You know how it goes..the following week you drop sommer 2kgs!

The in-laws have been gone for just four days and I've managed to start dropping again. Now on 93.9kg from 97.5kg since 07 January. Still have about 150km and 3500m of climbing, mostly single tracks, planned from tomorrow till Sunday..that's some proper exercise over the weekend..just have to keep on my eating plan, then I'll drop a bit more by the end of the week.

yip have seen that happen in the past soo many times. I am feeling good and enjoying the training so just going to push on.

I'm in the same boat... diet has been on point, training on point, and I've even given up my beloved beer... clothes are already fitting nicer, but that damned scale has even had the audacity to nudge up a little  :cursing: 

I do also think we're likely retaining a bit of water in this heat wave... but that too shall pass

Just need to stay the course

my feelings exactly. I can feel my waistline getting smaller already and progress is all that matters for now.