Enduro/gravity bike suspension and geo

Headshot

I have thought the same thing. Bu the Eliminator seems a slightly more aggressive while still having the same braking and rolling featured of the Agg having ridden both and if you check

em side by side.

So have I, on occasion. But then I trout-slap myself and recover my sanity. 

If I'm proven wrong, though, happy to amend my view! Just not sure whether it'll be as adept at all conditions. But... As Tim says, we're hardly ever riding in muds. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So have I, on occasion. But then I trout-slap myself and recover my sanity. 

If I'm proven wrong, though, happy to amend my view! Just not sure whether it'll be as adept at all conditions. But... As Tim says, we're hardly ever riding in muds. 

My theory is based on how well the Ardents work on my HT which as we know is a very different bike. If its not a confidence inspiring change, it will go out back where I suspect it will be better than a Butcher. 

I have a theory which is about to be tested - a 2.5 WT Aggressor up front on my Enduro. Going to fit one tomorrow. 

My theory runs along the lines of - 99% of my riding takes place on hard or loose over hard and rocky trails. Even in Winter the CT trails are rarely clogged with mud. That said, a smaller block with a more dense tread pattern is probably the way to go. Fewer squirming knobs and  faster rolling. 

Should have a ride report by Wednesday (if my snotty throat clears up by then). Bike needs to be ridden up and cornered on the same turn my Butcher felt like a banana peel had replaced the tread. 

Very keen to hear how you experience it. I have very vocally told people how much of a bad idea an Aggressor is on the front even though I love it on the back - but your reasoning makes sense, and if it does turn out to work well it could be a good summer option that saves quite a bit of weight...

Very keen to hear how you experience it. I have very vocally told people how much of a bad idea an Aggressor is on the front even though I love it on the back - but your reasoning makes sense, and if it does turn out to work well it could be a good summer option that saves quite a bit of weight...

The 2.3 version, 100% agreed. 2.5WT - not so sure. 

BUT. For people looking for an aggressive XC tyre for the front, the Aggressor would be far better than, say, an Ikon. 

Agree on the butcher ... almost killed me this weekend.... putting my DHR back on.

Though it would be nice to lighten the bike up with the butcher for general trail riding... but felt like I was tip-toeing over everything..

Agree on the butcher ... almost killed me this weekend.... putting my DHR back on.

Though it would be nice to lighten the bike up with the butcher for general trail riding... but felt like I was tip-toeing over everything..

Which bike is the Butcher on? Mojo HDR? 

The 2.3 version, 100% agreed. 2.5WT - not so sure. 

BUT. For people looking for an aggressive XC tyre for the front, the Aggressor would be far better than, say, an Ikon. 

I don't know, man. The Maxxis range has basically got everything covered. 

I'm now running a pair of 2.6" Rekons and they're fekkin' good all-rounders. Would much rather run that as opposed to an Aggressor for XC purposes. Think you're straight line braking isn't going to be all that great with the Aggressor. 

Which bike is the Butcher on? Mojo HDR? 

have it on my tallboy, and it works really well there...so I though it would be great on my HD3 ..

Nope .... had a awful ride on Sunday trying to find grip...

so the DHR WT back on the front and Ive kept the Purgatory on the back... I find it does roll nicer than the Aggressor I took off. Both 2.3 

Edited by Toads.Mojo

Isn't what we ride really just aggressive XC anyway. 

I dunno, man. I don't really care about what e-bikes are doing in races, and I don't use lycra. Also not likely to wear a tapout t-shirt or complain that my no-fat soy milk frapachappalatte has too many sprinkles of cocao on top. 

Maybe I'm just a chillduro type of guy. 

The Aggressor has nice hard center knobs and the softer edging knobs seem well supported. Should roll like a demon. (It also smells nice and I like the name) Looking forward to a possible test ride later if my spouse can be persuaded to shuttle me a few km...

The Aggressor has nice hard center knobs and the softer edging knobs seem well supported. Should roll like a demon. (It also smells nice and I like the name) Looking forward to a possible test ride later if my spouse can be persuaded to shuttle me a few km...

Transitioning from a soft to a hard knob dramatically improves performance.