Enduro/gravity bike suspension and geo

Headshot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

similar wear patterns too?

it's interesting that there's a preferred direction of turning.

Grease mOnkey: mayhem: what's your dominant hand and foot?

RF forward, mostly. Dominant is right, but I'm ambi on some things. Right has better small motor control than left. 

Play golf (lol, hack, more like) and cricket left handed with a wonky grip pattern (right hand up top, left driving)

it's interesting that there's a preferred direction of turning.

Dominant hand: right

Dominant foot: left

Weird... I know. I ride left foot forward.

it's interesting that there's a preferred direction of turning.

I also prefer left turns

I feel like a monkey humping a football when I take a right 

I am chuckling at this talk of tyres communicating grip, with slight drifting etc as if taking a corner is a long drawn out process

Think Matt Hunter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOlVJv7jAHg.

My fast cornering experience is a combination of enthusiasm and bravado making up for lack of skill and talent, with a good portion of panic all compressed into a few microseconds followed by a lot of disbelief or dust, grazes and swearing.

Edited by splat

okay so I saw A GRID eliminator 2.6 in 29 today 

looks goo dbut I wanted to get the Grid+ which seems to have disappeared 

And I'm weary about trying GRID in gauteng ( on front ) cause cutting it at R880 a pop is gona hurt 

gona try Ibex 2.4 FRC on the back for a month or two 

okay so I saw A GRID eliminator 2.6 in 29 today

looks goo dbut I wanted to get the Grid+ which seems to have disappeared

And I'm weary about trying GRID in gauteng ( on front ) cause cutting it at R880 a pop is gona hurt

gona try Ibex 2.4 FRC on the back for a month or two

Grid casing is great since the change to the newer Gripton compound. . It's tougher than exo, stiffer than most "protection" casings and shrugs cuts off like nothing. For the front? Grid all day long. I'd call it a tie between that and the snakeskin magic Mary, which is more than enough for the front.

Having said that, the black diamond casing is I think arriving within the next couple months.

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

Grid casing is great since the change to the newer Gripton compound. . It's tougher than exo, stiffer than most "protection" casings and shrugs cuts off like nothing. For the front? Grid all day long. I'd call it a tie between that and the snakeskin magic Mary, which is more than enough for the front.

Having said that, the black diamond casing is I think arriving within the next couple months.

okay piele , eliminator it is then 

okay piele , eliminator it is then

Put it this way. Grid is good enough for the rocks on TM and Signal Hill trails, and Ezel. And Lesotho. So I think they'll be good enough for Joeys rock. ????

I haven't had any flats or issues with a Butcher 2.6 Grid casing up front. Out back its not quite up to the task. The rim managed to cut through the casing at two points  close to the bead - probably due to some low pressure cornering that may or may not have been my fault. I stitched up the tears and all is good, but it will also go as soon as I can afford to replace it. A 2.3 Aggressor sounds like it will work for me. 

On the subject of Spaz tyres and rims, my cheap Rovals are rubbish. The rear is bent and dinged already. A friends carbon Rovals cant keep a tyre on. He's had 3 Spaz tyres blow off the rims while riding in CT over the holidays. We are not talking low pressure blow offs either - 32psi out back (he weighs about 95kg) and does not corner very fast as he's a beginner mountain biker.

If you go Aggressor, Tim, get the DoubleDown version. Exo isn't up to the task. I'd also go for the 2.5 WT to be honest. Just a better tyre. 

Re the rovals - that sucks, man... If he's had 3 blowoffs, then it can't be a bead distortion issue. Must just be something about those rims. 

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

If you go Aggressor, Tim, get the DoubleDown version. Exo isn't up to the task. I'd also go for the 2.5 WT to be honest. Just a better tyre.

Re the rovals - that sucks, man... If he's had 3 blowoffs, then it can't be a bead distortion issue. Must just be something about those rims.

My 2.3 EXO aggressor has been up to the task on my back wheel for more than a year now. And I'm not much of a fairy when it comes to rocks.

Just saying....

My 2.3 EXO aggressor has been up to the task on my back wheel for more than a year now. And I'm not much of a fairy when it comes to rocks.

Just saying....

That makes one of us...

both my 2.3 and 2.5 Aggresor's have died terrible deaths, the 2.3 had a single FOAMO and the 2.5 a Double FOAMO as well...EXO se ma se tjops

Just saying....

That makes one of us...

both my 2.3 and 2.5 Aggresor's have died terrible deaths, the 2.3 had a single FOAMO and the 2.5 a Double FOAMO as well...EXO se ma se tjops

This man, and a few others. Exo se poeth, at least at the back. Maybe TM just has pointier rocks?

This man, and a few others. Exo se poeth, at least at the back. Maybe TM just has pointier rocks?

Ja I think it's a TM thing. My 2.3 Aggressor EXO has also been up to task for a very long time incl some very rocky rides...