UCI XCO World Cup 2019 Season

Hairy

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those rooty climbs should benefit the more powerful riders I would think?

Nove MEsto is much more of a power course than Albstadt so you should see  riders like Langvad fair better here.

This course will suit MVDP more than guys like Flukiger, Sarrou, Tempier and Marrote

I expect everyone will be on Full sussers and not many will have droppers because the descents are not very steep. Correct gear selection is more important to get out of the tight corners and up the short punchy climbs

Those rooty climbs should benefit the more powerful riders I would think?

Short course and main race will be VDP and KC but "poodle" will be on the podium for both courses.

Short course and main race will be VDP and KC but "poodle" will be on the podium for both courses.

FOR XCC:

Annika first

Jolanda 2nd

Kate 3rd

For XCO

I think Jolanda will win this one. Kate a strong 2nd with Annika in third if she's got on top of her lack of form.

Funny that both everyone at Spesh was down on form except Alan who was being prepped by our own JW...

On the men side:

XCC

1st MVDP

2nd Nino

3rd Henry

XCO

1st MVDP

2nd: Henry

3rd: Nino

I don;t thin Nino is looking as strong as he did last year so I suspect he is still looking to peak later in the season. MVDP was likely looking to peak early while they're racing at courses that suits him and NMdM is perfect for him

FOR XCC:

Annika first

Jolanda 2nd

Kate 3rd

For XCO

I think Jolanda will win this one. Kate a strong 2nd with Annika in third if she's got on top of her lack of form.

Funny that both everyone at Spesh was down on form except Alan who was being prepped by our own JW...

On the men side:

XCC

1st MVDP

2nd Nino

3rd Henry

XCO

1st MVDP

2nd: Henry

3rd: Nino

I don;t thin Nino is looking as strong as he did last year so I suspect he is still looking to peak later in the season. MVDP was likely looking to peak early while they're racing at courses that suits him and NMdM is perfect for him

Good selection - another way of looking at it is that Nino is as strong as last year but the others have progressed and he hasn't. 

pity Lars is out... 

his technical ability and current form would made him a favorite for this course yeh? 

pity Lars is out... 

his technical ability and current form would made him a favorite for this course yeh? 

Maybe, he does seem to have an acceleration edge over Nino at the moment.

We don;t know if he can go at Nino's intensity for as long as Nino can or for as long as MVDP

Good selection - another way of looking at it is that Nino is as strong as last year but the others have progressed and he hasn't. 

Afternoon John.

With specific reference to XCO racing, what would the power meter data reveal between what the big dogs like (Nino, vd Poel, and Avancini) are able to push through the cranks vs that of Alan ? And how do riders at that level, with a fair amount less in the "power department" counter that challenge - do they simply have to work on a faster cadence ? (taking skill out the equation as we know that time can always be made on the tech stuff if you have superior skills).  

Apologies for the noob question - hardly a topic (fitness, power, etc) that I have much knowledge of......

Maybe, he does seem to have an acceleration edge over Nino at the moment.

We don;t know if he can go at Nino's intensity for as long as Nino can or for as long as MVDP

i duno hey...

last week MVDP looked to have died for 2 laps and then slowly found himself again and finished off strong. 

should be interesting with avancini and marotte likely to be up there as well. 

really hoping Alan has a good ride!