Has anyone done the BIG snip?

Beard

You okes are so caught up in your itty bitty rules and regulations and law about where you ride and the rest of the BS that you want to debate this sh*t? 

Who bothers what the wife thinks...its like that Divorce thread.ALL these hard done by okes who were so innocent.Its so one sided its ridiculous.They are even organising a ride so they can cry on each others shoulders???FFS give me a break

:eek:   :clap:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the delay to see if it has worked?

50 "events" or so. Some may need more, some less. Depends how many swimmers are in your storage facility, and how "sticky" they are. 

I was told by my doc that it was an average of 50. 

What is the delay to see if it has worked?

I have to supply a sample after 3 months. 5 days after supplying the sample I call the Dr and he says if i am clear or not. If not, another 2 months. As Myles said above, it is different for all of us, some can be clear a lot quicker. 

I have been given the form for the lab and I have yet to call for details but it sounds like I go to the lab and fetch a sample bottle, go home, sort myself out and take it back. I am not sure if I have to supply the sample at the lab. This is just the impression I got from the Drs receptionist when she gave me the form.

I have to supply a sample after 3 months. 5 days after supplying the sample I call the Dr and he says if i am clear or not. If not, another 2 months. As Myles said above, it is different for all of us, some can be clear a lot quicker. 

I have been given the form for the lab and I have yet to call for details but it sounds like I go to the lab and fetch a sample bottle, go home, sort myself out and take it back. I am not sure if I have to supply the sample at the lab. This is just the impression I got from the Drs receptionist when she gave me the form.

It needs to be handed in very soon after the ejaculation in order to give proper data. 

Process is:

Go to Path lab and ask for a fertility test baggie (comes with a bottle, sealable bag and so on) unless your doc gave you one. 

Knock one out

Go to path lab and hand it in within 30min, but the sooner the better. They'll expedite the handling of it and ensure the sample gets where it needs to go ASAP. 

Back in the day, I went to my nearest Lancet lab. They didn't mind me using an empty cleaned out plastic pills bottle. So I did my sample at home... not at the lab...

I was a personal trainer back then, and one of my clients worked at Lancet. I did not know that she worked at my nearest lab... I dutifully walked in to hand over my sample, and who is there to greet me, and take my sample from me? Yes, my client. And only after she asked me if she can show me to the toilet. It was slightly awkward.

Edited by CogitoErgoSum

It needs to be handed in very soon after the ejaculation in order to give proper data. 

Process is:

Go to Path lab and ask for a fertility test baggie (comes with a bottle, sealable bag and so on) unless your doc gave you one. 

Knock one out

Go to path lab and hand it in within 30min, but the sooner the better. They'll expedite the handling of it and ensure the sample gets where it needs to go ASAP. 

No Dr never gave me a bottle. I was told to get it from my nearest lab and I must check with them first as not all labs can accept it(thinking about it now this may be due to the need for a "private" cubicle). 

There is no ways I will be able to fill the bottle and get it to the lab within 30 min without breaking a few traffic laws so it seems like I will be saying hi to Mrs Palm and her 5 daughters at the lab. Well I have 3 months to grow my hair and a beard to look completely different and then cut it all right afterwards.

No Dr never gave me a bottle. I was told to get it from my nearest lab and I must check with them first as not all labs can accept it(thinking about it now this may be due to the need for a "private" cubicle). 

There is no ways I will be able to fill the bottle and get it to the lab within 30 min without breaking a few traffic laws so it seems like I will be saying hi to Mrs Palm and her 5 daughters at the lab. Well I have 3 months to grow my hair and a beard to look completely different and then cut it all right afterwards.

That's what I did... in the hospital facilities. 

i think the tannies don't explain it on purpose and piss themselves with laughter watching us trying to work out what next.

I feel like I was supposed to get some magazines, or is that a bit old school now?

You okes are so caught up in your itty bitty rules and regulations and law about where you ride and the rest of the BS that you want to debate this sh*t? 

Who bothers what the wife thinks...its like that Divorce thread.ALL these hard done by okes who were so innocent.Its so one sided its ridiculous.They are even organising a ride so they can cry on each others shoulders???FFS give me a break

Right, whinge over and 13 mins to the end of our local edition of Load Shedding and looking forward to being lambasted

Anyway,can you imagine after trying to have kids for the last 10 years or so and your wife discovers that she is not the one but you are and you never told her you listened to some on line social media quack 

i wanna know what it said BEFORE the edit!!

i think the tannies don't explain it on purpose and piss themselves with laughter watching us trying to work out what next.

I feel like I was supposed to get some magazines, or is that a bit old school now?

Magazines? YOu have a phone and an internet connection, don't you?

Even before Corona, I would not have touched any magazine in that cubicle.

Do I sit around for 15 min after i'm done to make the nurse think I can last that long?

As long as you don't stay too long and she thinks you are having trouble with certain arrangements.

Edited by Hairy

• 4 months later...

too much kakpraat to read this whole thread.

I have to get an epididymectomy done for a recurring issue.

so while the doc is busy (i'm not having my nutsack cut twice) I'm sommer getting the snip.

so question for the guys that didn't go for the chair option, what was the recovery period?

planning a little breakaway a week later and would rather postpone if I can't take my bike (breakaway includes a visit to the in-laws and me taking the bike to avoid conflict, yes I'm that guy)

too much kakpraat to read this whole thread.

I have to get an epididymectomy done for a recurring issue.

so while the doc is busy (i'm not having my nutsack cut twice) I'm sommer getting the snip.

so question for the guys that didn't go for the chair option, what was the recovery period?

planning a little breakaway a week later and would rather postpone if I can't take my bike (breakaway includes a visit to the in-laws and me taking the bike to avoid conflict, yes I'm that guy)

It took me 2 weeks to feel comfortable (assured) enough to dare to train again - meaning, I didn't have that heavy feeling anymore of someone kicking you in the balls. I got that sinking feeling everytime I jumped from the back of the bakkie and truck...

I think the biggest concern should be woundcare. Chaving and sweat on a very small cut may lead to bigger issues...

Edited by CogitoErgoSum

It took me 2 weeks to feel comfortable (assured) enough to dare to train again - meaning, I didn't have that heavy feeling anymore of someone kicking you in the balls. I got that sinking feeling everytime I jumped from the back of the bakkie and truck...

I think the biggest concern should be woundcare. Chaving and sweat on a very small cut may lead to bigger issues...

Also wiser to avoid having it done in the heat of summer.