Justice for Nino Oppel's Death

aoppel

OP, sorry for your loss.

If a person dies of unnatural causes, there has to be a formal legal enquiry as to the death. That happens either through a criminal prosecution, or, an inquest.

If the police is of the opinion that there is not enough evidence for a criminal prosecution, there has to be an inquest (same thing as what is proceeding with that 17 year old girl who was found dead in her house without hands & arms few years back).

Purpose of the inquest is for the presiding officer to ascertain how the person died and if someone caused the death of the person.

If he finds no, then it stops there. (there are review procedures after that, but for purpose hereof it's irrelevant)

If his finding is positive, or, if he is not able on the evidence before him to make a finding, that the matter is referred to the DPP, who must then make a decision on whether to prosecute or not.

If the DPP decides to prosecute, the person responsible is (usually) summoned to appear in court, and the prosecution proceeds.

If the DPP refuses to prosecute after the inquest, then he(she) can be requested to issue a "nolle prosequi" (I refuse to prosecute) certificate.

A private prosecution may then follow within three months - this is where Gerrie Nel comes in and that's why Afriforum employed him.

So the fact that the police says there is not evidence to prosecute does not necessarily means that everything is over now.

(Clear as mud?)

Edited by Warthog

I'd like to see more of these details publicly available.

these incidents, happen, it's an uproar, and then that's it. move on.

Burry's passing was supposed to be the last straw!

accident - date/location

details - 

media reports

court/criminal follow up.

PPA have a database,

but it could be done much better

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=10tzB6FghNBHk7dK1SJSG53q6lYk&ll=-26.075722898737745%2C27.7554360452541&z=11

this incident is there

• 3 years later...
41 minutes ago, nathrix said:

Ruvan Olivier in court (with a foto of him), thank you AfriForum!

Link Man eindelik in hof

I know nothing can bring Nino back and accidents can happen, but in the case of a hit n run….I really hope justice is served to the maximum +

• 1 year later...
On 2/28/2019 at 9:19 PM, Prince Albert Cycles said:

Ask Afriforum for help . Gerrie Nel works for them

wow. it worked!

Won;t bring Nino back, but this is a win of sorts.

Going back to this. payday weekend..... the return on investment to society of more roadblocks on payday weekend between 2-6am would be incredible.