Mathieu van der Poel!

MonsterMan

You sometimes see newbies make the mistake of allowing themselves to get caught through cat and mouse nearing the finish line ... can't recall it happening too often with seasoned pros.

That said, the will to continue chasing a lost cause was impressive not to mention going straight by and taking the win.

Well done young man.!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a fan. Well deserved wins recently. Really sticking it to all the favourites. (well I suppose it makes him a favorite now also)

I'm wondering if he is going to be bothered with UCI XCO this coming season now he has tasted victory on the road, and quite clearly a possibility on the Dutch Olympic Road team.

Although last year, try as he may, he could not beat Nino,

Hes Dutch national road champ and therefore an Olympic certainty in that discipline.

He wants to represent in both road and XCO in Tokyo. So he needs the UCI points in xco

Go and watch ‘the move’ podcast on YouTube to see how his influence is been felt all over the world. Simply incredible!

Hes Dutch national road champ and therefore an Olympic certainty in that discipline.

He wants to represent in both road and XCO in Tokyo. So he needs the UCI points in xco

He wants to race MTB in Tokyo.

He wants to race MTB in Tokyo.

Yes that is what he was saying last year mainly because there is no CX Olympic race.  I doubt he can do both road and mtb at that level, as was shown by the Peter Sagan saga in Rio so I think he might rethink his plans since road doesn't need the honed in technical skiils of mtb and he really would have to dedicate himself to that but lets see.

Also he has now made a name for himself on the  world tour road scene.. is there any turning back now?

Besides he likes his fast cars ... and lot more $$$$ in road.

Yes that is what he was saying last year mainly because there is no CX Olympic race.  I doubt he can do both road and mtb at that level, as was shown by the Peter Sagan saga in Rio so I think he might rethink his plans since road doesn't need the honed in technical skiils of mtb and he really would have to dedicate himself to that but lets see.

Also he has now made a name for himself on the  world tour road scene.. is there any turning back now?

Besides he likes his fast cars ... and lot more $$$$ in road.

I think he can do both disciples at the top level.

And he is clearly not chasing $$ as Lefevre as knocked on his door for a while

I think he can do both disciples at the top level.

And he is clearly not chasing $$ as Lefevre as knocked on his door for a while

That would be a first ...never say never?  But he will have to work out how to beat Nino although in 18 months a lot can change in terms of who are the top dawgs.

I think he was/is contractually bound to his Pro Conti Circus team because he still plans to dominate cross and not dedicate himself to road just yet, and surely now the money will come from endorsements etc due to the high profile achieved lately.

Edited by kosmonooit

That would be a first ...never say never?  But he will have to work out how to beat Nino although in 18 months a lot can change in terms of who are the top dawgs.

I think he was/is contractually bound to his Pro Conti Circus team because he still plans to dominate cross and not dedicate himself to road just yet, and surely now the money will come from endorsements etc due to the high profile achieved lately.

He is bound to current team for next thre years I think. The team has stated they would like to grow with him to world tour level. It will be interesting to see if they can pull that off and thus create a new team at that level. You woudl think there are some companies interested in throwing moeny behind the story.