Mathieu van der Poel!

MonsterMan

Is there reservations?

We like him as an athlete - until we find out something to slay him over - then as usual we will be slaying him because of it. :lol:

excuse the pun but is there dirt on him already?   :P

No, not if we like him.

This is what I was trying to establish. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More chance his team becomes WT and kicks Didata to PC level.

Off topic, but UCI announced that they are increasing number of teams from 2021 IIRC.

UCI needs MVDP in the peleton, preferably with arms raised. They seem to also need DD too

Well if there are more deserving teams, then they should get DDs spot.

I watched LA's podcast on Amstel Gold this morning. He's apparently contracted to 2023 and says he's staying put. That might be a tactic for a bigger offer from say Quickstep to buy him out of his contract or the team might have a big budget sponsor lined up to build a team around him. Either way the future looks pretty bright for him.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

If he keeps on with his 'cross career he will only do the spring classics, that's what Patrick says in that Cycling News interview link I posted earlier,

Honestly....... No. I find him arrogant. BUT he is a phenomenal athlete and i have to give him kudos for that!

Aren't they all? I think to live and perform at that level, you need to be arrogant and it's not a bad thing. Being arrogant and being a box are 2 different things.

Aren't they all? I think to live and perform at that level, you need to be arrogant and it's not a bad thing. Being arrogant and being a box are 2 different things.

Yes to be a winner some need to be arrogant. But that doesn't mean we cant point it out?

Honestly....... No. I find him arrogant. BUT he is a phenomenal athlete and i have to give him kudos for that!

Arrogant??

I've been following him for about 24 months now, and I've never got the feeling that he's arrogant.

Please elaborate?

Edited by Underachiever

Actually he's just Dutch. Very confident people so its easy to confuse this with arrogance.

"Arrogant" is a very misinterpreted word. It gets used when people can't describe Confidence  is a positive manner

Edited by DieselnDust

Well if there are more deserving teams, then they should get DDs spot.

If only the UCI operated in such a way. 

They also need to sort out the ladies WT etc.