Indoor trainers

jeann

Using a wahoo kickr 4 with my 29er mtb. 3x10 hardtail. Works very nicely.

And wahoo’s support is very good.

My Elite Direto came with thru axle adapters in the box. No clearance issues either for long cage RD's, unlike some of the others.  

Careful, when the trainer overheads and drops power, the only help they offer will tell you to peddle faster.

This error is something that was only relevant a few of the H1 trainers, and has been corrected with the H2, which has now been shipping for over 1-year. Further firmware updates have helped to address the overheating issue. 

In terms of our advise, it is correct that we recommend to increase your cadence or alternatively to place your trainer in an area with more ventilation. 

What indoor trainer is best for mountain bikes?

Hello Jeann, 

Both the KICKR 4 and the KICKR CORE will give you MTB through axle options up to BOOST. 

The KICKR SNAP, our wheel on trainer does that the option for a through axle adapter, but this only accommodates up to 142mm. 

We also keep all spares and have an awesome customer service team that can assist with any questions you might have. You can ask for our head of support Sean at 0876541940 or mail him and his team at support@wahoofitness.co.za. 

Happy riding

Your local Wahooligan! 

I got the Wahoo Kickr 4 last week and currently using it with my Scott Spark RC 900 (1x11) with the cassette that came with the Kickr 4. I have a 34T chainring up front. Did Tour of Watopia Stage 4 this morning, I died, but managed to stick with the bunch and finished it with an average speed of 36kmh. I must say I'm having a blast with the trainer and Zwift at the moment!

I have read some interesting arguments about using a carbon frame on indoor trainers... what does bikehub say?

I have read some interesting arguments about using a carbon frame on indoor trainers... what does bikehub say?

Can't see any reason for them to fail. Just stay in an up-down motion for your out-of-the-saddle efforts and not swing side-to-side like you would outdoors

Can't see any reason for them to fail. Just stay in an up-down motion for your out-of-the-saddle efforts and not swing side-to-side like you would outdoors

I am thinking of building myself one of those rocker plates you see the okes building for themselves, this should reduce the sideways stresses through the frame and give you a more natural feel on the IDT. But I am not sure that it will totally reduce the extra stresses through your frame.

Doing some mods to my old Aluminum 26er to have it permanently affixed to the IDT and still replicate the geometric setup of my road bike. (Not my idea, got inspired by another hubber, forgot his name)

This way:

No extra sweat and grit on my race steed.

No extra wear on road bike components, which tend to be more expensive to save some weight.

No mount and dismount every time I want to ride outside on road bike.

I've done more than 15,000 km on my carbon Bianchi C2C that lives permanently on the IDT. It's currently on a CycleOps Hammer. No problems.