[Event] EWC 3 Jonkershoek Enduro

Enduro Western Cape

I went to go pre-ride a few of the stages this morning at 10, as i arrived it started pissing with rain. Oaks coming out the gates were covered in shite and told us that it was pretty much unridable. Put my bike back in the car and went home.. Going to try next weekend again..

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what i feared.I was also ready to leave this morning but decided against it when i saw the Weather.It sucks sitting at home with all this build up energy.

I went to go pre-ride a few of the stages this morning at 10, as i arrived it started pissing with rain. Oaks coming out the gates were covered in shite and told us that it was pretty much unridable. Put my bike back in the car and went home.. Going to try next weekend again..

It was wet, but definitely doable. We rode Phoenix and Plumber today - Plumber was slippery at the top, but the rocks in Jonkers aren't smooth, so they stay grippy in the rain.

Ended up pretty full of crap and muddy thiugh....

I dislocated my index finger on a silly crash on Red Phoenix yesterday. Fortunately another rider reduced it for me, unfortunately it seems that my hopes of using my back brake in anger in two weeks time is touch and go. Dr reckons three weeks, race is in two.

Racing or not, you'll see me there in a Marshall bib.

3accf8125c447e7643e7ce2c5f23153d.jpg

Eina... If you tape it to your middle finger over the gloves you can old school 2 finger brake and will be fine.

Fingers are horrible things to hurt. They move SO much and we rely on them for pretty much everything. Every twitch is pain and a reminder of what an invalid you are!

That probably me, Sunday was a soaked to the bone day, but we made it out there again yesterday, Sessioned/walked Plumber and got some tips from Brenton. It was a good day out. We only managed 2 Stages, had to get back home to braai.

PS!!! Thanks to MTO and the trailbuilders for the new climb up towards Saaltjie! it cuts down SO MUCH time to get there and its a way easier climb than the fire road.

PS!!! Thanks to MTO and the trailbuilders for the new climb up towards Saaltjie! it cuts down SO MUCH time to get there and its a way easier climb than the fire road.

And to the work done on other trails! I rode pretty much everything in Jonkers over the course of the weekend, and it feels like there is not a trail that has not been worked on in the last while. Superb stuff....

Gonna do a little Jonkies mission again tomorrow.

Loving that place right now. Tomorrow I'm on a schedule tho so probably only 2 1/2 hits. Plus my other half is getting gatvol of me moaning about having nothing left in the tank on our regular Sunday Roadie rides.

Will the trails be open next Saturday for a look-see? Or will us up country boys have to ride blind?

It'll be open as usual... you'll just have to get a day pass at the gate or on the MTO app.

If you don't know the trails be sure to check out "the plumber". It's the only trail that really needs a scout. Rest of the trails you can see quite far ahead.

PS!!! Thanks to MTO and the trailbuilders for the new climb up towards Saaltjie! it cuts down SO MUCH time to get there and its a way easier climb than the fire road.

Mmmm, I don't know. Feels like a hoax, even though the new climb st is absolutely fantastic, I don't think it cuts actual climbing time to saaltjie.

My times on both is within 2mins of one another to the top.

Mmmm, I don't know. Feels like a hoax, even though the new climb st is absolutely fantastic, I don't think it cuts actual climbing time to saaltjie.

I also doubt it cuts time, but it's a flipen nice way to get up there!

I enjoy faking orgasms just like everyone else here, if I say it cuts time then it cuts time..

We all have our riding fantasies, mine is "I love climbing"