Forthelove misleading, incorrect dodgy seller on bikehub

throttles

My aussie slang isnt great. But I'm sure there is a phrase for this seller

I'm pretty sure the words you're thinking of is for daily Aussie use and not simple slang...

I was sick Monday-Wednesday and could've had so much reading material :( minus the nonsense posts for points of course.

Still, good to be warned of the ever present scammers, liers, unethical traders, deceitful traders, etc. lurking on the bikehub.

Throttle, may I ask what your next planned move is (if you don't mind giving it away)? Laying charges? Small claims court? Write off and move on?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just say I will not be letting lying dogs sleep.

Forthelove has been notified of how I will be proceeding.

I cc'd Admin as he was part of this journey with me..

Great the arsehole needs to account 

Throttles, if you have time on your hands, perhaps you should investigate the legality of that SMS, in terms of falsely declaring a SAPS case number, or implying SAPS involvement. Is this not akin to impersonation of a SAPS official, which is a criminal offence, punishable by jail time in SA? 

Maybe it's time to put some skrik in forthelove / Gary Smith. Maybe next time he will think twice when he plans on impersonating a box for the day.

there would need to be a warrant of arrest out for you if this was the case so I doubt this chop would have gone through the trouble. If he did then he's a bigger trouble for wasting the courts time as any investigating officer will review the documents, make contact and realize its a waste of time

how have I missed this gem of a fred? 

As you all were, Im just going to sit here with this popcorn.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Okay. So I'm in the market to get a Diverge for a good deal. This ad comes up tonight and I get lekker excited as it's pretty much what I want to pay. Then I read this whole darn thread. Argggh. Come on. Do I take the chance and ask the chap to take the bike to a concept store in JHB so that I can get a unbiased opinion or just walk away?

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/gravel-and-cyclocross-bikes/414994/specialized-diverge-expert-2020-54-inch

Wow.!!

Saw that ad and also thought quite nice ... not that I'm in the market for anything like it.

This thread does however cast a long dark shadow.

Working via a credible bike store may limit your risk, but be cautious nonetheless.

Okay. So I'm in the market to get a Diverge for a good deal. This ad comes up tonight and I get lekker excited as it's pretty much what I want to pay. Then I read this whole darn thread. Argggh. Come on. Do I take the chance and ask the chap to take the bike to a concept store in JHB so that I can get a unbiased opinion or just walk away?

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/gravel-and-cyclocross-bikes/414994/specialized-diverge-expert-2020-54-inch

Firstly, well done for doing a quick search to confirm details about a seller.

The photos seemed too professional to me, so following a quick Google Image search, came up with this website:

https://www.cxmagazine.com/bike-review-2020-specialized-diverge-expert-gravel-future-shock

So these photos are copied from a CX Bike Review Website, so even if he did possess such a bike, these photos are not of the actual bike. 

How can ADMIN deal with a situation like this where the seller is clearly misrepresenting the item on sale? Do we report the advert to Admin and let them decide how dishonest this oke is?

Edited by Swift&Aero