Tour of California 2019

SwissVan

So D - Quickstep wins again!! What I find amazing about this team..especially this year is the number of different riders that they are winning world tour races with. It's very rare to see a team take wins at that level with close to 10 different riders!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So D - Quickstep wins again!! What I find amazing about this team..especially this year is the number of different riders that they are winning world tour races with. It's very rare to see a team take wins at that level with close to 10 different riders!!

hummm... wonder when the UCI will look at measures to curb their winning streak. They have been as super dominant through spring as Sky have been in the GT's so maybe we need to reduce team sizes, cap their salaries and talk it up in the press.  :clap:

On another point i thought Cavagna was gonna kill himself on that descent and then he looked super sketchy trying take his hands off the bars to celebrate the win. I was willing him not to take a spill on the line after a great break away.

Off topic, I wish that one could pay per view any cycle race from a computer. At least that way all the pirate streams etc due to regional areas could create some money for riders etc.

indeed! in 2019 so far

DQS - 28 wins, 11 riders

Astana - 23 wins, 9 riders

Bora - 22 wins, 5 riders (and only 2 from PS)!

indeed! in 2019 so far

DQS - 28 wins, 11 riders

Astana - 23 wins, 9 riders

Bora - 22 wins, 5 riders (and only 2 from PS)!

Bora have been the one for me this season. They have been quietly achieving a stack of results while their superstar has been misfiring. Astana - hummm.  

Edited by Dirt Tracker

TDD moved up the team overall standings (5th) quite smartly yesterday after JVR 5th place finish

Had a quick look this morning and it looked like a bit of a messy finish with a couple of crashes in the last few km

TDD moved up the team overall standings (5th) quite smartly yesterday after JVR 5th place finish

Had a quick look this morning and it looked like a bit of a messy finish with a couple of crashes in the last few km

Lekker Reinie! Get the feeling things are slowly turning for them with more and more top 10 results coming from the riders the past week.

But I think you are mistaken on the Team Overall standings, they are 17th overall after stage 4:

https://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/the-race/standings-results/2019-results-overall-team

Just read that Louis has withdrawn after fracturing his wrist in a crash on yesterdays stage.

Just as he was starting to show some form, yet another setback.

Hope he heals up soon

Jeez, Quickstep are unstoppable this season.

It is pretty much the same every year

Shees talk about America first, TeJay given the same time even though he crashed far from the 3km mark and hadn't made it back to the peloton when their was a crash in the bunch...which was also outside 3kn to go btw.

Edited by Gen