Whitey.e - anybody know this person?

yeboabe

Soooo, seeing that it is Friday and all... does anybody live in Strand or feel like taking their bicycle out for a ride to that side of town...?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooo, seeing that it is Friday and all... does anybody live in Strand or feel like taking their bicycle out for a ride to that side of town...?

I would've taken up the ride offer and gone up the beautiful Steenbras damn a few times, but the weather is horrible out here today.

Yes FootballingCyclist is right this guy is very active selling car parts, bikes and bike parts on Facebook. He really shouldn't be too hard to track down. Such a sadness that it just takes a few bad apples to turn what is so great with Bikehub and our community so sour. Hope the OP comes right, good luck Andrew. 

And I see the website also isn't working anymore.

Probably didn't pay his domain fees either...

Not sure what Admins stance is, but this guy has far too many positive market place reviews at the moment and we as a community should step in with some reviews.

You can't allow guys like this to carry on

.. does anybody live in Strand or feel like taking their bicycle out for a ride to that side of town...?

The address is in Rusthof - between Strand and G-Bay -  nearby where I used to go and score weed in the "old days"  :eek:

Probably didn't pay his domain fees either...

Not sure what Admins stance is, but this guy has far too many positive market place reviews at the moment and we as a community should step in with some reviews.

You can't allow guys like this to carry on

Better to leave him carry on as whitey.e while everyone knows to avoid him than to ban him and start again with a new alias?

It's a sticky one but IMHO better to have this active thread and attack his adverts than to let him start again with a clean slate.

In this case the amount doesn't justify any real efforts on my side to recover, if someone would like to buy that debt and go deal with him, let me know.

If he keeps this up at some point he's going to run into someone who isn't there with the intent of buying or selling something...

Words like "karma" and phrases like "natural selection" then spring to mind.

"Whitey.e Member Since 29 Jun 2017
Offline Last Active Today, 10:14"

Cowardly behavior from a dishonest person, the joys of the "new South Africa".

Sent him a PM, actually a nice kind message(no really it is), I also added the link to this thread just incase he perhaps missed it somehow. Lets hope he responds.

"Whitey.e Member Since 29 Jun 2017
Offline Last Active Today, 10:14"

Cowardly behavior from a dishonest person, the joys of the "new South Africa".

This is really sad to see. I've dealt with this guy a couple times, had him in my home, given him a lift in my car. Honestly got good vibes from him.

Holding thumbs that this all comes right

How can people be so scummy, basically stealing from people with impunity. It's one thing to screw up logistics but to knowingly ignore someone who's money you have taken is a completely different matter.

Even if this fool does eventually come through and supply the goods or do a refund what about all the time he's wasted of the buyer and all of us on Bikehub. Dude needs a nice tight pk.

Sometimes I long for public floggings to be brought back, this dude would benefit from a few sessions.

Been to his house to collect parts I bought from him in the pasr, not the best area to go into, especially if you are on a bicycle.

Edited by Otero

I managed to get hold of the guy. He said he would try and resolve things here, publicly. So please try and have an open mind and let the guy state his case

Looking forward to getting this resolved... Pay the man his money back.