First Ride Post Injury

Blackheart

After 18 months of injury, surgery and rehab - first ride yesterday.

An easy, flat 1 hour. It's going to be a long road back, but I'm relishing taking on that challenge.

And I don't ever, ever recommend rupturing a bollock.

post-53895-0-41312200-1562310968_thumb.jpg

post-53895-0-04742100-1562311074_thumb.jpg

After 18 months of injury, surgery and rehab - first ride yesterday.

An easy, flat 1 hour. It's going to be a long road back, but I'm relishing taking on that challenge.

And I don't ever, ever recommend rupturing a bollock.

dont want to get too personal and if you don't want to answer that is all good. But i'm really curious as to how one manages to rupture a bollock? Blunt force/impact? :eek:

Well done BH. Welcome back in the saddle. Many happy miles for you, sir.

(although, I am certain that this thread is more of a "fyn brag" of that exquisite steed in the second pic...)

Well done BH. Welcome back in the saddle. Many happy miles for you, sir.

(although, I am certain that this thread is more of a "fyn brag" of that exquisite steed in the second pic...)

Haha. Busted....

dont want to get too personal and if you don't want to answer that is all good. But i'm really curious as to how one manages to rupture a bollock? Blunt force/impact? :eek:

Kayak. I rolled and ended up half in half out. So right leg completely out, left leg still locked in.

The boat flipped back and the hull edge smacked square in the centre. Crushed the left one and then dragged it back into the boat. It really does bring tears to the eyes. I didn't realise the extent of the damage until 3 months later when after the bruising and most of the swelling had gone that I realised something was wrong I decided to go and have it checked out. Ultrasound revealed a mostly healed rupture and a large fluid build up which eventually had to be drained. That basically was opening up the bag, hoovering it all out, filling with antibiotic vodka and sewing back up. Its's a nasty one and takes a while to recover from.

As I said, best to try and avoid it. Its a proper ball ache.

EINA!!! Mine started aching, just reading that.

Glad you recovered and is on your way back. A beaut like that bike will be added incentive to make a comeback.

Blacksam.........Good luck at least you are on the mend now......I like the Vodka part!!! :eek:  :eek:

EINA!!! Mine started aching, just reading that.

Glad you recovered and is on your way back. A beaut like that bike will be added incentive to make a comeback.

Thank you. Mine still ache. Yes, the bike build was put together in my head as an incentive. Did the physical build during recovery.

Blacksam.........Good luck at least you are on the mend now......I like the Vodka part!!! :eek:  :eek:

"I like the Vodka part"

There are more fun ways  :wacko: