Any VW salesmen after a quick sale?

King_Crispy

Hi. I'm looking for a 2019 Polo confortline, but the prices vary so much.

Surely there is a DP or Sales manager that is prepared to drop some stock to a really good price to get rid of some demo polo's? Easy, cash buyer that is just looking for a great deal on a fantastic car.

Please help

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my experience, the dealers don't really like the phrase "cash sale" and generally won't fall over themselves in a rush if you offer that. There is greater scope for financial incentives and mark-ups and bonuses for them on the financed sales. They won't turn you away, but the glitter in their eyes fades away.....

I've heard there's a 3 month waiting list for Polos.

That's why I'm keen on a demo. The dealerships have plenty stock, but the prices vary hugely. When I bought a Jetta a few years back I was given a great deal, but now they're keen for the stock to just sit and wait to be sold

There is no such thing as a cash deal advantage unless the business can process the payment off the books. These days, as indicated before, there is more advantage of using a finance deal for the dealer.

And trying to process a cash deal off books is way difficult these days, especially at the values of cars. So ja cash means nothing anymore. SARS knows too much.

That's why I'm keen on a demo. The dealerships have plenty stock, but the prices vary hugely. When I bought a Jetta a few years back I was given a great deal, but now they're keen for the stock to just sit and wait to be sold

Jacques (a keen MTB'er) or Riaan at Dirk Ellis in Jeffreys

https://www.dirkellisvw.co.za/contact-us/

See it as an opportunity to buy something else. Those TSi engines fail harder than our education system.

I've heard there's a 3 month waiting list for Polos.

yet they still seem to sell a few thousand a month.

See it as an opportunity to buy something else. Those TSi engines fail harder than our education system.

agreed, why not look at other brands.

Personally I would not let friends or family near a Polo. Way to much of a security risk IMHO.

Also there is so much choice out there you no longer need to stick to VW and Toyota anymore.

Bought a Polo about a year back, was initially keen on a demo but ended up being very frustrated by that option - either the cars had features I did not need (or at least were not interested in paying extra for - like a sunroof) or the discount relative to a new vehicle was insulting.

Ended up finding a better deal at www,newcardeals.co.za than any of the dealerships I spoke to could offer me. The catch was that I had to do my finance through Volkswagen Financial Services (but (after some negotiation) they offered the same rate as my bank so I was fine with that). I only financed a portion of the value but don't know if the deal stands if it is cash sale - but it's worth an ask.

agreed, why not look at other brands.

Personally I would not let friends or family near a Polo. Way to much of a security risk IMHO.

Also there is so much choice out there you no longer need to stick to VW and Toyota anymore.

Interesting, not a brand slut at all when it comes to cars, have never owned the same brand twice - but I'm extremely happy with the Polo, have had zero issues up until now and it is a far better drive than our previous small car.

yet they still seem to sell a few thousand a month.

The only volume brand that manages demand and supply very well

Bought a Polo about a year back, was initially keen on a demo but ended up being very frustrated by that option - either the cars had features I did not need (or at least were not interested in paying extra for - like a sunroof) or the discount relative to a new vehicle was insulting.

Ended up finding a better deal at www,newcardeals.co.za than any of the dealerships I spoke to could offer me. The catch was that I had to do my finance through Volkswagen Financial Services (but (after some negotiation) they offered the same rate as my bank so I was fine with that). I only financed a portion of the value but don't know if the deal stands if it is cash sale - but it's worth an ask.

Interesting, not a brand slut at all when it comes to cars, have never owned the same brand twice - but I'm extremely happy with the Polo, have had zero issues up until now and it is a far better drive than our previous small car.

Nothing wrong with the car per se, more to do with the desirability factor shown by unsavourables.

Would not call myself a brand snob but happen to have a few VW's in my life and not a days problem with any of them.

Jetta III -  Had it many years with well over 240k on the clock when it was stolen.

Jetta V 2.0 FSI - Lovely car.  Not a dot of problems with the car with 120k on the clock when written off in an accident.

Passat B7 (2011) - Over 110 000 km without problems when I had to sell it when we left for Germany.

Polo 1.2 TDI Blue motion - Also about 90 or 100k on the clock when we had to sell it when leaving.  Love this car wrt to handling, drive and oh the fuel consumption or should I say sniffing.  Often ran on 3,8l / 100 km.

Currently drive a demo model Golf Station wagon 1,6 TDI.  Also nearing 100 K.  No issues.  Bought the car with about 30K on the clock.

And millions of voters vote for the ANC. Your point?

people have the impression that there is a waiting list, yet VW still manage to sell more Polos than other brands are able to sell all of their models combined.

Archived