947 Cycle Challenge 2019

Neville Bailey

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lekker ride, some seriously strong guys out there, well done to all.

Wind was a challenge if you were caught alone. I lost my group going into Kyalami, but caught some splinter groups at crucial stages which in the end helped me to an unofficial PR of 5mins faster than my previous best.

Very chuffed.

Had a good day and felt strong all day.  Started in D, good pace until the M1.  5 or 6 of us tried to get a pace line going with the wind, but too many wheel suckers not interested in helping out so the work on the M1 was limited to a few rather than the many and every time we took a breather, the pace dropped until we went back to the front.  Apart from that enjoyed the day out.  Finished in 2:52hrs.  Saw a couple of accidents, one on the woodmead road that did not look good, strongs to the 2 riders down and a speedy recovery!!

Had a good day and felt strong all day.  Started in D, good pace until the M1.  5 or 6 of us tried to get a pace line going with the wind, but too many wheel suckers not interested in helping out so the work on the M1 was limited to a few rather than the many and every time we took a breather, the pace dropped until we went back to the front.  Apart from that enjoyed the day out.  Finished in 2:52hrs.  Saw a couple of accidents, one on the woodmead road that did not look good, strongs to the 2 riders down and a speedy recovery!!

Good ride

Had a good day and felt strong all day. Started in D, good pace until the M1. 5 or 6 of us tried to get a pace line going with the wind, but too many wheel suckers not interested in helping out so the work on the M1 was limited to a few rather than the many and every time we took a breather, the pace dropped until we went back to the front. Apart from that enjoyed the day out. Finished in 2:52hrs. Saw a couple of accidents, one on the woodmead road that did not look good, strongs to the 2 riders down and a speedy recovery!!

Passed the site at Woodmead where the cyclist went down and he /she was covered with a moon blanket...shocked to my core. Ride in peace, dear friend.

Passed the site at Woodmead where the cyclist went down and he /she was covered with a moon blanket...shocked to my core. Ride in peace, dear friend.

[emoji15][emoji25] Sho... what happened?

Very emotional ride today for me. We lost my father in-law at 3am this morning but I knew I had to go ride for him.

The goal was to do a Sub 3hr but starting from H it was going to be hard. With the help from a friend that dropped back from B we did a 2:56!

I know the old man helped me out today. 

Very emotional ride today for me. We lost my father in-law at 3am this morning but I knew I had to go ride for him.

The goal was to do a Sub 3hr but starting from H it was going to be hard. With the help from a friend that dropped back from B we did a 2:56!

I know the old man helped me out today. 

Well done.

Cramping for over 100km ain’t fun.  :(

Stupid me decided to ride from home to the start and back again. I look like a properly roasted something vaguely resembling a tomato and I’m still cramping.

All that aside it was an awesome day, my thoughts go out to those in the various accidents I saw; those who made it....  :unsure:

Well done all.

My ride didnt go that well, went too hard from the start, then lost my garmin on malibongwe over those speed breakers, the mount broke and unit flew off. From there it was like riding blind, we rely soo much on tech.

Got dropped up Jan Smuts then had loads of people pass me, so sat up abit thinking I'm way off and there's no chance of doing a good time.

Picked up a good bunch on the M1, had some time to recover and went strong till the end. Finished in 3:02, was soo bummed about it. Had I know my times along the route, I'm sure I would have pushed harder.

Oh well, thats how it goes.

If anyone comes across a Edge 510, please let me know. My name and contact number is on the start up screen.

Cheers