Bike Shop Damaged My Frame Issue - Help!

mrcg

Well in this case, Sh*t design or not, the blame does fall on the installer. Cycles Direct have been selling Spez for many years. This was/is common practice on those Spez frames. So it should have been done. Regardless of whether or not in your oponion it is bad design. Epoxied BB cups rarely fail if ever.

This pretty much sums it up.

This is standard procedure and all brand stores were advised of this long time ago. Why Cycles Direct did not know this, we can only speculate. However, the FACT remains: they incorrectly installed the BB. And caused the damage. Which according to many experts is not an area you want to "fix".

Never once have CD apologised for wrecking my frame - in fact they always tried to worm their way out of it. And now they have reneged on their offers, AFTER I compromised, to then only offer me a repair.

So no Waldo....it is not me showing the middle finger. In fact, I have gone out of my way to be calm, measured and understanding, accepting it was a mistake. And hoping and expecting that they would raise their hand and say sorry and put me where I was before: riding my bike, without having to pay in for no fault of my own. In fact a few store owners told me, this is what they would've done. Maybe easy for them to say...

Waldo, I understand that you, as a loyal CD customer (as I was), are initally siding with them. However the facts are the facts. Simple. And you are one of the few who probably knows both sides of the story. Facts however can't be erased.

CD are welcome to post their side of the story. No problem. Actually would love to hear it

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, there is 3 sides to a story... yours, theirs and the truth.

There are a few guys that gave you an answer here. Not just me.

South African consumers don't spend enough energy giving shotty service the middle finger. There's way too many bike shops so stick it to them.

I agree... I said it earlier. Guys seem to find it strangely reluctant to burn a shop back after getting shafted.

They screwed you... they don't care... I say pitchforks and pyres

So, 9 pages later, has anything more been revealed?

Other than sniveling and speculation?

Come on OP. Grow a pair and reveal all

So, 9 pages later, has anything more been revealed?

Other than sniveling and speculation?

Come on OP. Grow a pair and reveal all

dude... did you at least read the last 2 pages of people fighting about how Cycles Direct did/didn't ruin his Spez Epic Comp by not epoxying the BB in?

False Accuser! I point my pitch fork at YOU sir! 

We should leave this "BB epoxy glue thing" for next Friday. Will make a nice Friday threat.

You don't even glue a BB to a Chinese frame...and thats a "FACT"...

Chinese frames are made to far tigher tolerances consistently

dude... did you at least read the last 2 pages of people fighting about how Cycles Direct did/didn't ruin his Spez Epic Comp by not epoxying the BB in?

False Accuser! I point my pitch fork at YOU sir!

I guess I missed it all Edited by King_Crispy

#T47isComing

mind you once you have the OD46mm cups are bonded in with either epoxy or silicone they don't give any trouble thereafter. The wider the BB shell the better the pressfit cups behave.

The spez design.........well enough said.

Well, it's Monday morning and a new week for Cycles Direct to get in touch, apologise and replace my damaged frame. It has only been 8 weeks to be fair ????????

Who thinks they will finally do the correct thing?

This pretty much sums it up.

This is standard procedure and all brand stores were advised of this long time ago. Why Cycles Direct did not know this, we can only speculate. However, the FACT remains: they incorrectly installed the BB. And caused the damage. Which according to many experts is not an area you want to "fix".

Never once have CD apologised for wrecking my frame - in fact they always tried to worm their way out of it. And now they have reneged on their offers, AFTER I compromised, to then only offer me a repair.

So no Waldo....it is not me showing the middle finger. In fact, I have gone out of my way to be calm, measured and understanding, accepting it was a mistake. And hoping and expecting that they would raise their hand and say sorry and put me where I was before: riding my bike, without having to pay in for no fault of my own. In fact a few store owners told me, this is what they would've done. Maybe easy for them to say...

Waldo, I understand that you, as a loyal CD customer (as I was), are initally siding with them. However the facts are the facts. Simple. And you are one of the few who probably knows both sides of the story. Facts however can't be erased.

CD are welcome to post their side of the story. No problem. Actually would love to hear it

When I had a crash with my Spez Venge the insurer wanted to repair, but carbon repair would only give 1 year warranty and I had 2 years remaining on bike, therefore they had to replace frame. (At the time a "lifetime" warranty was 5 years according to Spez) Now it may be longer according to marketing blurb I read online, mine was a 2012 frame, replaced in 2015. So your route would be my bike had a lifetime warranty, you are now giving me only 6 months due to your shops fault, we can go the office of the consumer protector and see what they think.

Things to do before going to the office to lay a complaint:

Even careful buyers sometimes encounter problems with goods they have purchased or a service they have utilised. If you have a consumer related query, you can follow the process below:

First go back to the business

• CONTACT the business you dealt with as soon as possible
  • IDENTIFY the specific problem and support it with evidence such as the damaged item, the contract or receipts. When working with documents, keep the originals and work only with copies
  • BE CLEAR on how you want your complaint to be resolved. Would you like a refund, repair or something else
  • FIRST TRY to resolve the matter directly with the person responsible for the transaction
  • IF THIS FAILS, go up the line of authority as far as necessary (manager, customer service representative, etc.)
  • DOCUMENT your steps. Write down the details of your complaint. Note to whom you spoke and the date on which the conversations took place
  • MAKE A genuine attempt to settle the dispute yourself

Wonder if creating a thread on BIkehub.co.za would count as resolving or document your steps?