Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

Ja - it's pretty expensive to live her too, especially housing

I think also the water restrictions puts off people and accommodation is massively expensive here in Cape Town

I live here but wouldnt be able to afford accommodation here for a weekend

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think also the water restrictions puts off people and accommodation is massively expensive here in Cape Town

I live here but wouldnt be able to afford accommodation here for a weekend

There are plenty of reasonably priced accommodation options in and around Cape Town and the water restrictions have relaxed - in fact, Cape Town is in a much better situation water wise today than most of the country.

Actually living here though, not cheap...

Edited by piotter

There are plenty of reasonably priced accommodation options in and around Cape Town and the water restrictions have relaxed - in fact, Cape Town is in a much better situation water wise today than most of the country.

Actually living here though, not cheap...

Rumor up here in the thin air is that this weekend you guys had more rain than all of last year and your dams are all full. All I know is we went from 34degC yesterday to 8degC this morning.

My first Cycle Tour in 96 I saw a lady flash her noombies at me just before Noordehoek Cafe.... She's the  reason I ride every year  :clap:

This is was a very popular "incident".I remember when me and my brother did  the "de Tour" and going throug Simonstown, there was also a lady bragging her noombies somewhere near Boulders Beach. Yeez, we nearly had a helluva ground/tar meeting. Until today we can not remember her hair colour or whether it was a short or a bikini bottom :eek:

Rumor up here in the thin air is that this weekend you guys had more rain than all of last year and your dams are all full. All I know is we went from 34degC yesterday to 8degC this morning.

Last week Friday Newlands had more rain in one morning than we get on average for the month of October. Saturday we had spring! On Sunday the mountains around Worcester had a couple of centimetres of snow!  :eek:

Yup I have a 100L bin out back I used to put under a gutter to fill for building purposes during the lean months last year. It is still out back but not connected to anything anymore. it was filled to the brim after the weekend rain. Good thing....getting some plastering done tomorrow lol! Also discovered a roof leak I didn't know existed.

Last week Friday Newlands had more rain in one morning than we get on average for the month of October. Saturday we had spring! On Sunday the mountains around Worcester had a couple of centimetres of snow!  :eek:

They say a picture tells a thousand words....

post-132504-0-92835400-1572354077_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I just pulled the trigger and entered for the 2020 Cape Town Cycle Tour  :clap:

My parents live in Somerset West and father in Law in Darling, so accommodation is sorted.   Wife and kids are coming along to see ouma & oupa's - so we are excited about our CPT trip. 

We plan to drive down on Thursday 5 March and arrive in Somerset West  on the Friday, stay over there and then spend the Sunday and Monday nights in Darling before driving back to Gauteng.

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

This is was a very popular "incident".I remember when me and my brother did  the "de Tour" and going throug Simonstown, there was also a lady bragging her noombies somewhere near Boulders Beach. Yeez, we nearly had a helluva ground/tar meeting. Until today we can not remember her hair colour or whether it was a short or a bikini bottom :eek:

But you'd recognise those noombies in a "flash" (you see what I did there? C'mon Stevie Wonder could see what I did there!) 

Still haven't entered yet Maybe I should pull finger and enter myself and the missus ... 

https://www.sport24.co.za/OtherSport/Athletics/comrades-marathon-suspends-3-cheats-20191121

Would be awesome if the CTCT organisers can do the same with seeding cheaters.

Curious that the Comrades organisers are not naming the cheaters - nice let-off for them...

the amount of times i've seen people with two racetec chips strapped to a bike or both shoes.... 

seeding is one thing but i wonder how many of them do it to cheat their discovery etc out of points and basically money at the end of the day lol.

Why would someone have 2 racetec chips?

Edit ... ah of course... seeding for a mate. That's skullduggery of a special kind.

the amount of times i've seen people with two racetec chips strapped to a bike or both shoes....

seeding is one thing but i wonder how many of them do it to cheat their discovery etc out of points and basically money at the end of the day lol.

Edited by Mamil

About week before..   long wait

usually around the time they send out the emails which is about two weeks before the event or the wednesday after the 99er