2020 Tour de France

pista

Personally I think there will be more action... has to be, last day for real fireworks before the TT.

The whole Lotto team are like the last four riders in the Tour.. whats with that?

yes so true man, a 39 would bring you to like 8/9km/h easily... 

I suspect it has to do with the fact that they had to drop back to work for Caleb Ewan who consistently couldn't stay with the pack when the roads start pointing skywards.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my take - today's stage will entice those that get shelled on the last climb to race back on on the descent. I certainly won't be as thrilling as yesterday.

Depends. If Lopez wants to take second place from Pogacar and get a decent enough buffer for the TT, Astana will start winding it up from the Col des Aravis already. If he goes on the Plateau des Glieres to gain time, the group will already be so fragmented there will be no coming back. 

If they do that, no break will stand a chance anyway.

If the GC guys play it safe, yeah, then a damp squib is in the offing.

I suspect it has to do with the fact that they had to drop back to work for Caleb Ewan who consistently couldn't stay with the pack when the roads start pointing skywards.

With good reason, you wouldn't bet against him winning the final stage.

Apologies if this has been posted..

I am not normally too interested in the tech..but this caught my eye

https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/why-are-teams-using-mountain-bike-disc-rotors-at-the-tour-de-france/

Disc just really don't belong on road bikes period! Especially not MTB. There I said it. If they were so great why no real climbers using them? My opinion is this... to achieve a good when balance you attack rotation mass, so you have super light carbon rims with these discs? Now that just doesn't make sense.... think about it, for me its a marketing machine spinning everybody into submission and nobody saying.. wait does the sport really need this? Clearly at this level you can't afford to loose time but with no quick release etc.. the sport has gone backwards when it was easy back in the day to get a wheel, also crashes have increased a lot since disc's came to town. A good solid rim brake set up is still a winning combo in my books. But lets see if another rim brake winner emerges today.

Edited by betaboy

Disc just really don't belong on road bikes period! Especially not MTB. There I said it. If they were so great why no real climbers using them? My opinion is this... to achieve a good when balance you attack rotation mass, so you have super light carbon rims with these discs? Now that just doesn't make sense.... think about it, for me its a marketing machine spinning everybody into submission and nobody saying.. wait does the sport really need this? Clearly at this level you can't afford to loose time but with no quick release etc.. the sport has gone backwards when it was easy back in the day to get a wheel, also crashes have increased a lot since disc's came to town. A good solid rim brake set up is still a winning combo in my books. But lets see if another rim brake winner emerges today.

The disc vs rim brake thread is over there --->

Oh, and Lopez was running discs when he won on Col de la Loze, just fyi.

Edited by TNT1

my take - today's stage will entice those that get shelled on the last climb to race back on on the descent. I certainly won't be as thrilling as yesterday.

my hope is that it tee's up a de gendt breakaway for tomorrow. trouble is that if he goes off the front, ewan goes out the back - only one of those things is good for Lotto

on a tech/effort note, how horrible would yesterday have been on a 39x23 in days of old?

probably why we've never gone up there before 2020!

KM 0 is imminent

Rider who had a mechanical in the neutral zone, just catching back up.

Might be a hectic start with them starting closer to the intermediate sprint, 14km into the stage.

Bwahahahaha. There is some tech that probably should not have found its way to road bikes, bolt in through axles being one of them, but disk brakes really should be there IMO.

Edited by Headshot

Roglic even talks like Bumlebee

Best post today... LOL. Did you have a bad Maya The Bee experience in your younger years? :D

BTW: We need bees...even if they speak Flemish. ;D

The disc vs rim brake thread is over there --->

Oh, and Lopez was running discs when he won on Col de la Loze, just fyi.

Lets tally up the winner in Paris... a lot of braking before that me thinks! :D

4 teams represented with 4 riders in the massive breakaway up the road who are increasing their lead.

My bet is on the Breakaway today.

4 teams represented with 4 riders in the massive breakaway up the road who are increasing their lead.

My bet is on the Breakaway today.

Think Kwaito deserves a stage win how many years has he spent driving the sky/ ineos teams around France