2020 Tour de France

pista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

55:55
The symmetry of Pogačar’s stage 20 result.

It is also the fastest ever ascent of the La Planche’ by about 2 seconds, including a bike change.

He looks like he should writing his Matric exams this year, that Pogačar. One of the top moments for me was the shellshocked Roglič who came over to hug him as soon as he recovered from his time trial. Classy. Sportsmanship of the highest order.

Edited by 'Dale

SNIP

Who knows, maybe some dreams are shattered today within sight of Paris, will be fun to watch it unfold.

The shot of Wout and TomD watching all their effort undone by an emphatic ride was heartbreaking.

Somebody getting their dream result means that someone else's dream is shattered.

Feel for the guys.

post-27827-0-53680500-1600539772_thumb.jpg

I was thinking the same. Although I reckon if Tadej swapped his tt bike for a steel Master with friction shifters he would have still won, and it would have made it only slightly more amazing.

With the help of Prof Google - last Campag win - Patani on a Bianchi in 1998, 1997 Ulrich won with Campag and Pinarello

It seems the last time a Colnago won any of the GT's was the Giro in 1983 - Beppi Saronni

In 1974 Merckx won the TdF on a Colnago (Molteni) I assume he rode Campag.

Edited by Underachiever

Tom Dumoulin, second to Pogačar in the time trial, was stunned at how fast the UAE Team Emirates rider went up the final ascent.

"What can I say? It happened. I don't know how Pogacar climbed a minute faster than I did," Dumoulin said

With the help of Prof Google - last Campag win - Patani on a Bianchi in 1998, 1997 Ulrich won with Campag and Pinarello

It seems the last time a Colnago won any of the GT's was the Giro in 1983 - Beppi Saronni

In 1974 Merckx won the TdF on a Colnago (Molteni) I assume he rode Campag.

Nibali won on Campag in 2015.

When we did 2 days recon before Dauphine it is a interesting TT. If you do not do a bike change you dead in the water and then how efficient that change is and where.

Then add gearing,Wheel choice, tyres and pressure in and it’s a very technical TT overall.

You can make up 2min or lose 4min.

Well, he told us a week ago already. :)

2 mins was always on the cards...