2020 Tour de France

pista

Quick update - They (ASO) have sent info that the 2 positives for CV19 rule where they are sent home has been removed but with additional rules that are easier to handle and deal with.

What was impressive (for me anyway) is that yesterday 20 teams had to go for PCR testing. It ran like clockwork and they did over 300 tests in the day. It was impressive to run an operation like that I believe.

Stage 1 - we reconed 90km of it yesterday - its hard, really hard and very technical. Expect some surprising things coming out that stage as day 1.

Cheers all.

Oops sorry didn't see it has been asked.

Edited by Gen

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No not really, but they are happening and not only in the peloton. When you doing this volume of tests there is abound to be a false negative. Its not an ok excuse but it will happen when like yesterday you doing 300 tests in a day. My personal feel is that if there is a positive do an additional right away and get the result that day as there is a few hours turnover time for testing.

Yesterday we were jabbed in both nostrils so not sure if they now having a A and B test sample for example but all I can say is that Im not to keen on this another 2-3 times. But you do what is required.

Aaah 2 samples at once will already help.

No not really, but they are happening and not only in the peloton. When you doing this volume of tests there is abound to be a false negative. Its not an ok excuse but it will happen when like yesterday you doing 300 tests in a day. My personal feel is that if there is a positive do an additional right away and get the result that day as there is a few hours turnover time for testing. 

Yesterday we were jabbed in both nostrils so not sure if they now having a A and B test sample for example but all I can say is that Im not to keen on this another 2-3 times. But you do what is required. 

I was under the impression that a saliva test was available and that it had improved repeatability and turn around time? Did they provide any information on how they would evolve the testing and processes through the tour or it is locked in as is?

Not necessarily. With testing its all about the sample. Same operator can make the same mistake twice.

Ideally two samples should be taken by different operators/nurses/clinicians.

I dont know why they did this but I presume its cause we have then 2. I do think this is also a good call. 

I was under the impression that a saliva test was available and that it had improved repeatability and turn around time? Did they provide any information on how they would evolve the testing and processes through the tour or it is locked in as is?

We did saliva prior to leading up to races and now the Tour from a team and protocol. Here at the Tour they doing PCR. This is what they want so you follow the protocol.

The system was really good so to say they need to evolve or make it better isnt needed. They will set up per city we in when it is required and do the testing. 

We tested now on each rest day. 

Edited by J Wakefield

We did saliva prior to leading up to races and now the Tour from a team and protocol. 

We tested now on each rest day. 

Any idea on the impact on team's budgets for all this internal testing?

Stage 1 - we reconed 90km of it yesterday - its hard, really hard and very technical. Expect some surprising things coming out that stage as day 1. 

All the talk has been around stage 2 being the hard one. Do you think the main players will come out and show themselves so early following such a difficult first page as well? 

Any idea on the impact on team's budgets for all this internal testing?

While we at the Tour it is covered by the organisation. In terms of pre races etc it is for the Team account yes. Its not cheap so teams who are on a lower budget I believe will be feeling it. Its all riders and staff going to any races. 

All the talk has been around stage 2 being the hard one. Do you think the main players will come out and show themselves so early following such a difficult first page as well? 

You cannot lose time in the 1st 2 -m3 days so they wont be sitting and just riding they need to push the pedals. However going for a GC type result is really early then to hold it for a rider and team over the next 20 days. 

Bro, an ear bud is actually fatter than your body. How they get it in your nose? 

I'm picking Bryan Coquard to be in the mix come finish sprints. Not a marquee sprinter, but he's done well and his name bubbles up in my memory.

I'm maxed out on referral points. someone else is welcome to generate a referral link from within the Bikehub League on the site and then cash in on some referral points with the next guys that want to join:

Is this a fantasy event where you pick riders for the duration or can you sell and buy new riders every day?