2020 Tour de France

pista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And there is always 20km to go banner or sign..i donno how 2 teams (movistar rider also got a penalty) mess that up.. unless they just don't care[emoji2368]

It's easy to blame the rider, but they're so focused on staying safe - I'm sure a bit of brain-fade is expected, but what the heck was the soigneur doing there in the first place? No rider can take a bottle if there's no bottle to take.

Lekker for Yates, but as he said, not the way he wanted to get the jersey.

It's easy to blame the rider, but they're so focused on staying safe - I'm sure a bit of brain-fade is expected, but what the heck was the soigneur doing there in the first place? No rider can take a bottle if there's no bottle to take.

Lekker for Yates, but as he said, not the way he wanted to get the jersey.

Exactly..why on earth are they standing there handing out bottles..just stupid [emoji849]

Ps I am not blaming the riders but the staff members

Edited by Gen

#TDF2020 - Alaphilippe , Kuss and Verona are the riders that took 20'' penalty in today's stage.

JA and Verona for the feeding and Kuss I assume for drafting.

Oh side note.. my heart sank ..I thought for sure Sagan was going to collide with the Sunweb lead out man....phew it was close.. these guys have incredible handling skills

What's the deal with the rule? I get that you don't want sticky bottles at the business end of the stage. But what about road side feeding? Is it for safety that you don't have feeding zones when guys might be at their limits?

Back to back stage wins for the team on Bianchi. A mountain stage win then a sprint finalè. That is An exceptional feat.

Then Wout did excellent sherpa duties for his team yesterday. Now this victory. That’s incredible form.

Chapeau!

https://youtu.be/yE_6jOOTX2s

Edited by 'Dale

It seems to me that currently there are a few guys at the top that have a background that is not road cycling.

Remco-Was it soccer?

Wout-CX

MvDP-CX

Pidcock-CX

Primoz-Ski jump

Sagan-MTB

Valverde-Doping

There are a few others as well that come from CX and MTB.

Nearly wet myself

And if you REALLY need a bottle, then let one of the team members take the bottle and then pass it on to JA. Problem solved.

Be carefull with that, Thomas and Froome tried that trick up Alpe D'Huez in 2013 and Froome still got the penalty. Likely would have gotten away with it in todays bunch though.

Be carefull with that, Thomas and Froome tried that trick up Alpe D'Huez in 2013 and Froome still got the penalty. Likely would have gotten away with it in todays bunch though.

Remember Porte also took a gel for Froome on the one climb and was penalised.. it was very much a Sky tactic back then so that their best paced rider doesn't get the penalty.

What's the deal with the rule? I get that you don't want sticky bottles at the business end of the stage. But what about road side feeding? Is it for safety that you don't have feeding zones when guys might be at their limits?

They are normally going quite fast by then..suppose a mixture of safety and that the riders have to also get their nutrition right throughout the day[emoji2368]

Wout won the stage with an incredible display of sprinting. After his sherpa duties on stage 4, he is in fantastic form. The other Wout, however, earns the red dossard for battling on in the tour with a broken rib.It was a strange day when the break never went and the peloton opted for intensity in the fat-burning zone.

The peculiar sport that is professional cycling.

Pic by Jared Gruber

2020-tour-de-france-stage5-kramon-15-128

Wout won the stage with an incredible display of sprinting. After his sherpa duties on stage 4, he is in fantastic form. The other Wout, however, earns the red dossard for battling on in the tour with a broken rib.It was a strange day when the break never went and the peloton opted for intensity in the fat-burning zone.

The peculiar sport that is professional cycling.

Pic by Jared Gruber

2020-tour-de-france-stage5-kramon-15-128

Shame he really struggles along every day.