Giro d'Italia 2020

Gen

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So tomorrow the pink falls away and Almeida returns to his everyday kit, we get a new leader... the revised stage will be well surveilled  by the GC boys, there are several areas to plan an attack and make it stick not like the last one, were Sunweb miscalculated getting into pink and gifted a stage to a passenger. Odd tactics, that day... anyways. Enjoy the stage, this one is thee stage that anchors the tradition and for me , brings back insane memories of Andy Hampsten doing the impossible and Bob Roll almost killing himself. Tomorrow is hello 'Hurtville"

Pink falls away, how will that work?

I think he is saying that Almeida will be unable to stay with the attacks today and will fall out the back, so we will have a new leader tomorrow.

I think he is saying that Almeida will be unable to stay with the attacks today and will fall out the back, so we will have a new leader tomorrow.

Yeah it will be tough..he has 17 sec lead atm..going to be a battle out there today.

Yeah it will be tough..he has 17 sec lead atm..going to be a battle out there today.

How much time will Keldermann need on Almeida (all things being equal) in the ITT I wonder?

He could limit his losses now and go into the ITT 20-25 seconds down and try to pull it back.

This race is awesome.

Ah, thanks .

Yeah that’s a distinct possibility, but he’s done better than most expected so far maybe he will surprise us a little more.

He can do okay in the TT so I guess some time loss won’t be the end of the world but he only has a slender lead.

It’s going to be an interesting week.

I’m still living in hopes that he can win it.

How much time will Keldermann need on Almeida (all things being equal) in the ITT I wonder?

He could limit his losses now and go into the ITT 20-25 seconds down and try to pull it back.

This race is awesome.

The final TT is flat, much like the first stage, where (granted this was a million years ago) Joao beat Keldermann by a long way.

The hilly TT he only beat him by a bit.

Keldermann needs a couple mins I think. 

The final TT is flat, much like the first stage, where (granted this was a million years ago) Joao beat Keldermann by a long way.

The hilly TT he only beat him by a bit.

Keldermann needs a couple mins I think. 

That is sort of what I'm getting at...

Keldermann needs to take serious time on Almeida to be able to 'put him to bed' with that final ITT.

This race is just so unpredictable and crazy. It is my favourite GT because of it.

That is sort of what I'm getting at...

Keldermann needs to take serious time on Almeida to be able to 'put him to bed' with that final ITT.

This race is just so unpredictable and crazy. It is my favourite GT because of it.

Ja, unpredictable is right. 

TT at the end is mad. We honestly won't know right till the final seconds. Its supposed to be cloudy on Sunday in Milan, rain on Monday.... if that comes early we know how easy it is to slip and fall on a TT bike (even without rain!). 

Pink falls away, how will that work?

Basically won't have the support team wise when things get rough, they will isolate him and once they have him on his own, they will attack till he can't follow..and its bye bye pink.