Attakwas 2020

Warrenlee

One thing about the Atta is you can have all weather in one day.Raining at the start and in the mountain and the hot on the district roads or boiling at start and then misty and cool as you go into the Attakwas kloof.

But its way to far away for accurate weather

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All part of the build up. Checking the forecast, wondering if it will be slippery... all part of the sense of occasion.

Sounds like you are

R E A D Y

Edited by 'Dale

The weather forecast has changed completely already! Its going to change a few times again as the week progresses. This is what I was meaning with my previous post. 

Everybody on your knees and beseech your creator however you conceive that to be --- mild temperatures and tailwinds cos mamils don't like the heat.

The weather forecast has changed completely already! Its going to change a few times again as the week progresses. This is what I was meaning with my previous post. 

I agree totally bru. The heat is horrible. Drains you of everything and beats your ass into the ground. 

A 40 knot tailwind would be lovely! 

Everybody on your knees and beseech your creator however you conceive that to be --- mild temperatures and tailwinds cos mamils don't like the heat.

The South African mountain biking season starts on Saturday, 18 January, with the Momentum Health Attakwas Extreme presented by Biogen. Known as the Hell of the South, it is a 121-kilometre-long traverse of the Klein Karoo, fabled Attakwaskloof and the rolling roads through the Outeniqua Mountain foothills. It is also the traditional season opener for South Africa’s mountain biking community. Boasting UCI status, as the opening round of the UCI MTB Marathon World Series, the fourteenth edition has attracted a stellar field of local and international talent.

Click here to view the article

The Karoo needs some rain....

So does the Garden route, see you guys and girls on Saturday.

Keep the rubber on the gravel and enjoy the start of the Mtb season.

I'm nervous with a touch of excitement - 

Spending the whole of Saturday in the wilderness on my mountain bike .... yes please!

Also nice thing about tapering is that my legs aren't sore and I've got energy to burn ...

Excited with a touch of nerves...

prediction : cool temps with a chance of rain toward the finish (with a head wind)

i think I'll take that given the current heat in the area.

2 more sleeps 

Hows the weather forecast looking chaps?

My drivetrain is due for a replacement anyway - thats how the weather is looking

Hows the weather forecast looking chaps?

Very, very humid in Groot Brakrivier the last week [emoji3062]. The heat isn't nearly as bad as the humidity.

BUT forecast looks better with much cooler temps for Saturday with some rain predicted.0912fefcaecf9c0e38e5804711ec539c.jpg

39e3f5dce9332d18e46badec54fad87a.jpg

Edited by BSG