Attakwas 2020

Warrenlee

I went up the last downhill (from off the tar till one turnes down on the Jeep track) coming down to Pine Creek this afternoon (in my bakkie [emoji1787][emoji1787]) and that road is very corrugated.

Edited by BSG

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone one else miffed about seeding?

4th year as a B batch starter. ‍♂

Not happy with my seeding at all. E batch. Is there a way to change it, who can we contact?

Not happy with my seeding at all. E batch. Is there a way to change it, who can we contact?

I have sent them an email. Finished quite well last year, so hopefully it makes a difference.

Sub-6 from E is going to be a bit of a challenge... An email will probably not work but a friendly chat with the nice ladies at registration might result in you moving up a few groups

I have realized that with SASeeding events you are penalized if you don’t have a CSA licence. So you may be an A batch rider as per seeding index but without a CSA licence you may start in a later batch. Happened at the Nissan Trailseeker Buffelsdrift last year which also served as SA Marathon Champs - CSA licenced riders got the higher batch preference.

Sub-6 from E is going to be a bit of a challenge... An email will probably not work but a friendly chat with the nice ladies at registration might result in you moving up a few groups

Im gonna give it a try at least. With the right approach any person can be turned hey? Lets see.

I have realized that with SASeeding events you are penalized if you don’t have a CSA licence. So you may be an A batch rider as per seeding index but without a CSA licence you may start in a later batch. Happened at the Nissan Trailseeker Buffelsdrift last year which also served as SA Marathon Champs - CSA licenced riders got the higher batch preference.

Yes, I agree. I do not have a csa license, and every event I do that use sa seeding I start in the last batch. No amount of emails or pleading at registration will change it.

I have had a CSA lisence for years. Past Atta results, decent Trailseeker results, good stage race results but SASeeding at least always consistent when seeding me - "thou shalt start at the back!"

I have a strong suspicion they do seeding alphabetically, the only explanation that makes sense to me (apologies, I promised to stop my seeding rants)

I also find the seeding weird.This will be my 8th ride.Missed last year but I usually ride between 7.15 to 745 and im in D

What I enjoy about a B start is on those long open roads home you can at least jump on the bunches coming past.With a D or E batch you have to slog along into the wind alone.

Im stoked with a D batch for my first Attakwas! 

My riding partner has a B group though, how easy is it to get moved to the same group? Its both our first Atta so we both happy with starting near the back. He check on SA Seeding and it shows that he competed in a few events which he never did. That made a huge difference in seeding index. 

Hoping someone can help. Is there anyone travelling from PE that has space for a bike? I am stuck in JHB next week up to Friday and will need to fly direct to George and onto Oudtshoorn.

I also find the seeding weird.This will be my 8th ride.Missed last year but I usually ride between 7.15 to 745 and im in D

What I enjoy about a B start is on those long open roads home you can at least jump on the bunches coming past.With a D or E batch you have to slog along into the wind alone.

No offence but 7:15 to 7:45 is probably not B batch quality.

Last year 7 hours was hit by 192nd place.

7:15 by the guy finishing 231st. 

7:30 by 298th....

The front batches are usually smaller than the later start batches too, so D is probably an accurate representation of your past results. 

I get that the seeding is sometimes a lottery, but also be realistic as to your time in relation to the field.

Im stoked with a D batch for my first Attakwas! 

My riding partner has a B group though, how easy is it to get moved to the same group? Its both our first Atta so we both happy with starting near the back. He check on SA Seeding and it shows that he competed in a few events which he never did. That made a huge difference in seeding index. 

Your partner should be able to fall back to D if he wants to. I see people also often start with their group and then just wait a few 100 meters from the start for their friends in later groups.

SASeeding using events that he didn't ride to seed him ... Ha ha! Yes that would make perfect sense given their approach to calculate seedings.