Wheelset upgrade for road bike

NickGM

Order a set of 50mm carbon wheels direct from China for around R6000-R7000. They are fantastic

This ^. I am in the same boat with OP. Im patiently waiting for black friday deals on chinese carbon wheels   :whistling:

Edited by Mokgaga

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, great info so far..

Hope this widens your scope with info coming in NickGM?

Yip, really useful so far. 

This ^. I am in the same boat with OP. Im patiently waiting for black friday deals on chinese carbon wheels   :whistling:

Just make sure you buy them from a "reputable" dealer who is known to have good quality

Just ordered these with DT350 hubs from china for R8k..seller marked package down to $89, so will see what the damage is at customs. Hoping for under R1k.

post-119556-0-79931900-1573569424_thumb.jpg

post-119556-0-78623500-1573569433_thumb.jpg

post-119556-0-92316600-1573569442_thumb.jpg

Just ordered these with DT350 hubs from china for R8k..seller marked package down to $89, so will see what the damage is at customs. Hoping for under R1k.

attachicon.gifENVE1.jpg

attachicon.gifENVE2.jpg

attachicon.gifENVE3.jpg

there shouldnt be any issues with customs. You will just pay vat on it, basically 25% of the invoice value.

Spend a little more and you could grab these:

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/390425-mavic-cosmic-sl-carbon-wheelset/

These are really great, owned a set myself and I'm positive that other hubbers can vouch for this brand and model range...cannot obviously comment on condition/use of this specific set.

Not certain if your budget is for new or used set of wheels.

Great wheels at a great price.Saw the ad myself and if I was in the market I would go for these