[Event] The MTB Challenge

Pedal Power Association

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BL but it can only be a loyalty bonus. I may elect to drop down.

Same. I'll start at the back where I belong.

It's been over 18 months since I last did this route and for me the most demanding is that climb after you go under Helshoogte. Followed by those climbs towards reaching the finish. 

I actually wish they wouldn't do this - just casting an eye over my MTB results on racetec ought to be enough to let them know that I'll finish ahead of about 30 of the field not 80% of it and they're not actually doing anyone any favours.

Same. I'll start at the back where I belong.

It's been over 18 months since I last did this route and for me the most demanding is that climb after you go under Helshoogte. Followed by those climbs towards reaching the finish. 

Starting early means you will finish early. It's going to be the same for me in the Argus. My performance is down, I'm on a MTB. I'll be last in 2A. 

There is that advantage of finishing earlier - I just hate the feeling of slowing people down on the single track - it mars my enjoyment of the event.

It's better than it used to be because I've improved a bit but I still prefer to ride these events in a group that I can keep pace with

Starting early means you will finish early. It's going to be the same for me in the Argus. My performance is down, I'm on a MTB. I'll be last in 2A. 

BL but it can only be a loyalty bonus. I may elect to drop down.

You can give my son a draft on the flats. He is a bit unfit after doing stuffall in his first year after school. He will be in the older Pure Savage kit.

I am not often in front of savages.

You can give my son a draft on the flats. He is a bit unfit after doing stuffall in his first year after school. He will be in the older Pure Savage kit.

Its going to he a scorcher! Good luck to everyone, take in plenty of water, that valley gets damn hot!

This wind should cool us down a bit [emoji15]