Lowest resting heart rate brag thread * all welcome *

Jaws677

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of HR, Last time I had to do a fitness test for my Momentum products some young chick had me do a step thing to check my Healthy Heart Score. How it works is it(some app on her phone) starts off by making a beep every 2 seconds and at every beep you step up and then step down at the next beep. The beeps gradually get closer to each other but when I say gradually I mean that after about 5 min she stopped me to check her HR strap was working as my HR had hardly risen. I laughed at her and said you need to increase it a lot more to get anywhere. I then took out my phone and showed her my garmin connect app with all my rides with HR data and she just made my score green  :lol: .

please try as all cyclists to take your heart rate manually...ie feel your pulse and count to 15 and x 4=one minute 

dont forget while riding and training and cardiac drift....delayed response etc...also HR is one measurement of fitness at a certain time of your training programme...your BP is an added tool again while at rest..

be careful with apps etc...may not be 100% accurate...

just ensure you get enough rest...appropriate nutrition etc while training etc...HR is a great training tool if used with appropriately...

as a good friend said to me.."your heart is muscle"...you need rest and care...

Some interesting stats.

Made me go dig into my Garmin and VeryFit recordings ......

Age 51

My resting hart rate - awake, sitting - typically mid 50's, lowest of 49.  (watch based, so not sure of accuracy)

Max while cycling - my average cycling hart rate for 2019 is 122 bpm.  My max average hart rate is 163, with the highest  strap recording of 173 bpm.  I burn matches when I ride at more than 155bpm .... below that my recovery is quick.

I dont wear a watch while sleeping, so  have no idea what happens to my hart rate during the night .... after reading this thread I may just give it a try .... :whistling:

I checked mine only last week after hitting my goal weight for the year and was surprised to see it so low . Im 67 and had a resting HR of 47 , my average on daily rides is 111 and my max 165 ..One thing i cant understand is my oxygen level seems low for someone who has never smoked and always done a sport . 

post-111826-0-25757100-1576917963_thumb.jpg

I checked mine only last week after hitting my goal weight for the year and was surprised to see it so low . Im 67 and had a resting HR of 47 , my average on daily rides is 111 and my max 165 ..One thing i cant understand is my oxygen level seems low for someone who has never smoked and always done a sport . 

Probably a combination of altitude and age.  Altitude drops barometric pressure and thus alveolar and arterial oxygen partial pressure and thus saturation; advancing age slowly decreases oxygen uptake in lungs irrespective of smoking. Urban pollution probably worsens this and road cycling (in particular) exposes you to a lot of noxious particles (mostly diesel) and chemicals that damage lung tissue over the years

remember we come from a long gone forgotten era where we shared workplace with smokers ....

Took almost 5 years to clear my lungs when I got out of my parents home (they each smoked three packs a day!) and out of the smoke filled workplace.

My Apple watch stats for the past year, 45 years old.

I Forgot about my Apple Watch stats, but as my Garmin syncs to the Activity app, the data should theoretically be the same.

36d5fddccba2b72a048fcb833849ecf0.jpg

146 bpm max at 'sleep'? ????

I Forgot about my Apple Watch stats, but as my Garmin syncs to the Activity app, the data should theoretically be the same.

36d5fddccba2b72a048fcb833849ecf0.jpg

146 bpm max at 'sleep'? [emoji6]

could be the bed aerobics [emoji85][emoji16]

It assumes I’m sleeping between bed “time” and wake up “time”. So if I get up for a 04:30 coffee ride on a Friday, it will show the higher HR before 05:15.

Edit: forgot to add the screenshot

f0e9cda320a7dbb1c3f8606349300eeb.jpg

Edited by Frosty

My name is Willie the blou whale and i’m here to smoke you with my 4bpm hr and if you don’t believe me then come and stick your head in the deep blue sea as you can hear it over 3km away. Seeing as you humans can stand up in my arteries and my heart is the size of a vw beetle i’m Struggling to get a garmin strap big enough and the flippers-no-thumbs thing is causing havoc with positing a photo...

I have a RHR around 47, the blood bank once refused to take my blood when I went below 45, then I had to sign consent and told them I have always had a low HR(not fit though)

• 3 weeks later...