UCI DH World Cup 2020 - 2021 Season

Hairy

The rider who won had the skill on the day to win!!

same like some underdog team winning rugby, cricket or soccer world cup or  last month when the F1 podium was filled by people who finish mid pack!

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo all the riders who made it down that track in those conditions are all winners, of course there has to be an overall winner and that was the guy and girl with the best time, on the day.

Anyone who has walked up an down the full length of a World Cup or world championship DH course will know how difficult it is to walk them in normal or slightly damp conditions, never mind in a mud bath like this weekend.

Riding in the mud like that leaves a lot open to luck, but it also brings out the really skilled riders....

Agreed, A long while back I rode in very muddy conditions. Not quite like that but enough to know how badly your brakes work, and how much traction you loose. 

That was a bit of a bleh event unfortunately ... some scary slip'n and sliden down the trail .... and a good many people looked like they were going to die on the big gap, but it was not what I was hoping for after such a long dry spell with no DH racing to watch.

Bit thumbs up to Headshot for the Windscribe VPN tip!

There is some element of luck / chance e.g. getting a mechanical that can spoil even the best rider's run and cause someone else to win. But I think for both the men's and women's races the winners deserved their wins yesterday. Maybe Vali would have won the women's race, but look at how many big names slipped up and how many times Loic took a mud bath.

I'd like to see Reece's practice run, apparently his line choice was different and better there already.

There is some element of luck / chance e.g. getting a mechanical that can spoil even the best rider's run and cause someone else to win. But I think for both the men's and women's races the winners deserved their wins yesterday. Maybe Vali would have won the women's race, but look at how many big names slipped up and how many times Loic took a mud bath.

I'd like to see Reece's practice run, apparently his line choice was different and better there already.

Did you see the poor Swiss lady whose front wheel jammed tight with mud and she could not even turn the wheel.

Did you see the poor Swiss lady whose front wheel jammed tight with mud and she could not even turn the wheel.

Yeah, the commentators reckoned that it may be better to not use a mudguard in that case. I think the higher moto style ones (with a bigger gap) would be the better option.

Also, a few Jack Parow fans at the race :P

Was farina (sp) wasnt it? She's italian

Seems like Danny H is off to a new team for 2020. No more will he be on the big bike supermarket brand. 

Seems like Danny H is off to a new team for 2020. No more will he be on the big bike supermarket brand. 

please not spaz, please note spaz, please not spaz

Nukepoof maybe?